Sponsored

Rain

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
But that's what the internet is for, isnt it?:thumbsup:

Right, so ya gather them all up with honey. And eliminate them all with one big "real men" bang. :headbang:
lol
Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Is it me or is it hard for anyone else to see ahead in the rain? I have replaced with the Bosch icons and have a flyby forty (or 30) coating, and i still cant see ahead of me in the rain.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Is it me or is it hard for anyone else to see ahead in the rain? I have replaced with the Bosch icons and have a flyby forty (or 30) coating, and i still cant see ahead of me in the rain.
Bosch wut? Flyby? Are you using your windshield wipers?

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Wut?? Bosch icon wiper blades, and flyby30 windshield coating. Yes Im using wipers lol. Wasnt sure what the coating was called at first.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Pirelli AS Tires & Rain

You'll learn how to handle it soon enough. The stock Pirelli AS tires are pretty poor in the rain.
My 2005 Ford Mustang GT fish tailed on me once, to be honest it was a cold morning in Dec. light rain and I was pushing her into a left hand turn. Tried
To correct (over corrected) and fish tailed the other way headed for a tree.
At that point just let off the gas (no braking) and gently hit the curb.

Yeah after that I got some bridgestone potenza tires and the grippy tires were great in the rain. But cold weather with summer tires and rain along with aggressive driving a BIG NO NO. :tsk: :(

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Overcorrected? Or simply being caught out by the snap-spin in the other direction immediately upon catching the initial spin? (Happens to most of us sooner or later.)

After about 1 minute in, the big yaw to the left is followed by a little one to the right (little because I knew it was coming ahead of time and was in the process of correcting for it as it was happening). Snow driving can teach this sort of thing, at least it used to in the days before stability control systems.

I probably posted this video earlier, but it's easier all around to post it again rather than expect people to hunt down what I can't be bothered to look for myself this morning.

Norm

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Man can this thing get squirelly in light rain. I was turning right onto a road today and the back end started fishtailing on me. The rain was pretty light and I was not pushing it at all. The nanny controls stepped in and I consider myself a decent driver so no accident. I was in normal mode...won't make that mistake again...always snow/wet for me in rain.
Totally agree, my modded ecoboost sucks under the same conditions you mentioned, however I am running the pedal max mod which launches the car like a rocket off the line, I should probably turn it off in bad weather but I am just funny that way.

TC :doh:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I envy you only having one word for rain! Where I live it rains pretty much all the time for 8 months of the year and we have many words for different types of rain. I remember laughing at a man once who installed a rain water collection butt for his garden, like you need that in Macclesfield!!!! But then one April it didn't rain for three days in a row, a record that still stands!

In heavy rain it's just fine. You have to worry about slightly damp greasy surfaces but if you can see standing water on the road you are usually fine because at least the road is clean.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ps. If you live somewhere slippery there is a lot to be said for a linear long travel throttle and no peddle max so you can modulate it easier. Also having loose TC like on the mustang you can get tank slippers if you get it sideways then the TC pops in. Either use wet mode which intervenes early or use no TC so you can modulate yourself

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The OP lives in Texas, where I'd assume it hardly rains. It had just started raining.

So, rain on an oily, hot road. Very slippery.

But to the OP, something is wrong with the car, not his driving knowledge or abilities.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I just got Continental tires, so much better than the stock ones. We also don't have rain here.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Summer time in Texas means when it rains it releases all the oil deposited at intersections making it hazardous. Or any other place where cars often pause and drip.

I've found that by putting the car in rain/snow mode anytime the road is wet (raining or soon after) keeps everything as it should be. It's pretty hard to make the car slide in rain mode, unless you're actually trying to do so.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
This must be an auto problem...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
This must be an auto problem...
No, it's not.

All-season tires give away some warmer weather performance in exchange for slightly/somewhat better performance in cold or snowy weather.

I think for some tires it's wishful thinking to say only "some" warm weather performance is sacrificed - let's just say it's a good thing that BFG's KDWS tires are no longer available (like skating on ice in a wet corner in 4th gear, and that's with me very delicately tip-toeing on the throttle).

Norm
Sponsored