Sponsored

R owners question

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
So after calling over 50 dealers heres a list of some of the more interesting conversations

1. What do you mean by allocation, what is that?
2. $50,000 over MSRP. Give you a hint, that dealer is in Vegas.
3. We are offering it for JUST $95,000. It's quite a deal.
4. We can't put you on a list, we don't do that. It is basically first come first serve. "What if I put a deposit down and want to order it?" We don't order cars for customers.
5. I have two available. Would you like us to put your name on it? "Yeah what's the price!?" Our 350Rs start at $110,000.
6. They aren't making them for 2017.
:doh: Brings back memories of my R search...:lol:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Dude!

:hail:

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
So after calling over 50 dealers heres a list of some of the more interesting conversations

1. What do you mean by allocation, what is that?
2. $50,000 over MSRP. Give you a hint, that dealer is in Vegas.
3. We are offering it for JUST $95,000. It's quite a deal.
4. We can't put you on a list, we don't do that. It is basically first come first serve. "What if I put a deposit down and want to order it?" We don't order cars for customers.
5. I have two available. Would you like us to put your name on it? "Yeah what's the price!?" Our 350Rs start at $110,000.
6. They aren't making them for 2017.
Odd. Did you make sure you were calling SVT dealers? I find it crazy that an SVT dealer wouldn't know what an allocation is...

R

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Did you call North Point in Little Rock? I was in there a couple of weeks ago, and the sales guy told me they were getting an R later this year. I asked him if he was sure it was a R model, and he said he was. I asked him if it was sold yet and if not what they would want for it. He didn't think it was sold and thought they would probably ask $20k over. He put me on his list to call when it came in. I have serious doubts that he knows what he's talking about.

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
btw, I called/emailed all 38 SVT dealers in Canada when searching for mine so you're not alone lol

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Most (if not all) of the R allocations are spoken for. I think it would be very difficult to get one at this point. The music has stopped and everyone has their chair....
MSRP is almost impossible
MSRP to 5K is extremely difficult (probably going to have to know someone)
5K - 10K is a great deal
15K and you did OK
20K range more common
30K range for high $$ markets and dealers who are dreaming

Id have to first disagree with your first statement, personally. At the very end of the 16 model year I found another member a 2016 R model on the floor ready to go, for only 15k over (plus shipping). I think there are plenty out there, hell there are 45 showing in the dealer system alone and many dealers (like mine) have allocations not show and/or not ordered yet.

Your evaluation of ADM I think is spot on :thumbsup:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Id have to first disagree with your first statement, personally. At the very end of the 16 model year I found another member a 2016 R model on the floor ready to go, for only 15k over (plus shipping). I think there are plenty out there, hell there are 45 showing in the dealer system alone and many dealers (like mine) have allocations not show and/or not ordered yet.

Your evaluation of ADM I think is spot on :thumbsup:
To some degree, you are correct. Then and now are two different things. One thing that remains constant is demand, but with a smaller supply. Call them up now and see if that 15K ADM is still available. Or for that matter, find another one at 15K right now.

I have found the '16's that are still left on showroom floors are there because of dealer greed. I recently negotiated with one such dealer for a 16 R that fell through just because of pure greed. I have turned that lead over to a few others on this forum and no matter how much was offered, the car still sits on the showroom floor. I hope that dealer chokes on it.

My first comment was in relation to reasonable availability. Also in my search, I ran across several dealers that were pricing their showroom queens so far out there that they will probably never be sold until some trust fund idiot walks in or they come to their senses.

So, yes, you can find them, but they are being held hostage by dealers who are so greedy, that they are essentially off the market.

So in my comment I was focused on the '17 R allocations and their availability. I think my comment was correct in that most of the allocations are already spoken for. The '16R's that have not been sold are simply being held hostage by a bunch of greedy dealers.

I don't think a second R is in my future for the reasons stated above. I talked with [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] about this to great length and although I agree with his opinion that the R is rare and collectable, however it is only at a price point that is reasonable and not greedy. So I will wait until the winter recess is over and hope that ford gets around to building my allocation.

FWIW

Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
My local dealer has this Black R in the picture on his lot. And they have another Black R coming into inventory soon. Back in August they were willing to part with a White R at what I considered a reasonable ADM.

Also have the three 350s in this pic and 2 more in the showroom.
IMG_7682a.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
My local dealer has this Black R in the picture on his lot. And they have another Black R coming into inventory soon. Back in August they were willing to part with a White R at what I considered a reasonable ADM.

Also have the three 350s in this pic and 2 more in the showroom.
If you could only get them to the states........

That's a different market, and for most, it might as well be another planet. You can't just buy one in Canada and drive it across the border and register it at your local DMV.

If anyone has friends living in Canada, it would make the process a lot easier to get them here. I do believe PP0001 knows the loop holes on that.

BTW, what is the current ADM on these?

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
If you could only get them to the states........

That's a different market, and for most, it might as well be another planet. You can't just buy one in Canada and drive it across the border and register it at your local DMV.

If anyone has friends living in Canada, it would make the process a lot easier to get them here. I do believe PP0001 knows the loop holes on that.

BTW, what is the current ADM on these?
The 350s can usually be purchased at MSRP.

Back in August the ADM on the White R with Black stripes and Electronics package was $12,999 CDN, or at least that's what I was offered. So @ $103,000 CDN + HST at 13%. That was reasonable given that some dealers want $125,000 to $130,000.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The 350s can usually be purchased at MSRP.

Back in August the ADM on the White R with Black stripes and Electronics package was $12,999 CDN, or at least that's what I was offered. So @ $103,000 CDN + HST at 13%. That was reasonable given that some dealers want $125,000 to $130,000.
I agree, that's pretty reasonable. I wish we had them just laying around here in the states at those prices.

I feel fortunate to find one at 10K over with a waiver on dealer fees (about a grand less).

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Dealers that are holding cars right now are going to hurt in the long run IMO. The market will remain strong, don't get me wrong, but the ADM's will go away and the market will level off based on MSRP for the GT350 and a more reasonable markup for the R. We still have a lot of unknowns on the GT500, but based on what they did to the GT350, I don't expect they are going to disappoint.

Only my humble opinion, of course.
Sponsored