2019 GT350R Owners - Question

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
The dealer I purchased from was not very R savy. They were not aware that the Adjustable strut top mounts where included as part of the Handling Package standard on the R in 2019.

Included
The Handling Package includes:

• Adjustable strut top mounts*
• Gurney flap (Shelby® GT350 only)

*Factory-invoiced accessory shipped separately from vehicle. Dealer installation.

I know the dealer is paid to install them but are they shipped to the owner or the dealer?
Sponsored

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
They are technically shipped with the car to the dealer that is selling it. They put them in a cardboard box in the trunk and the dealer is supposed to install them prior to selling. If the dealer was unaware of these, make sure they did the proper delivery steps with your car as well prior to letting you take it. The car is shipped with spacers in the front/rear shocks that need to be removed as well

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
They are technically shipped with the car to the dealer that is selling it. They put them in a cardboard box in the truck and the dealer is supposed to install them prior to selling. If the dealer was unaware of these, make sure they did the proper delivery steps with your car as well prior to letting you take it. The car is shipped with spacers in the front/rear shocks that need to be removed as well
Thanks, I assumed the dealer got them as well will follow up with them. On the spacers they looked like they had not been removed so I sent it back into the shop twice. They assured me they had been and based on the ride it was comparable to my GT350. I will check it out when I take the wheels off for cleaning, their detailer was not very good. I am KR723 BTW.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Another thing that dealers seem to overlook at delivery is the car cover. Check your window sticker to see if your R came with one. The R car cover is different than the non R car cover FYI. Also, get down and inspect the front spoiler for gaps between it and the bumper fascia. Many have been installed incorrectly.

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I assumed the dealer got them as well will follow up with them. On the spacers they looked like they had not been removed so I sent it back into the shop twice. They assured me they had been and based on the ride it was comparable to my GT350. I will check it out when I take the wheels off for cleaning, their detailer was not very good. I am KR723 BTW.

Ask them for the alignment paper work, if they said they didn't do an alignment or have no proof of current settings, then they didn't install the plates. After they install them they need to do an alignment, so make sure of this. Also if I remember correctly, the front shipping spacers can be visible if their still on, they are yellow/white blocks you can see in the shocks. If you search around on here theres pictures from other members to show them who had the same issue. Im sure you already know this too but, check the front splitter to make sure they installed it correctly, some dealers don't get too tight and there will be a gap causing it to come off while driving if bad enough.

All these checks aside, CONGRATS !! I absolutely love the performance blue color on these cars, great find! I have KR711, welcome to the club!

Sponsored

911GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Shelby GT350R
I’m a brand new R owner too so I appreciate this thread. I didn’t even know about the camber plates or adjustable struts. My dealer just patted me on the back and told me to enjoy lol. I did find the spacers in the center console and there is a box in the trunk with the car cover but will check that it is the R version cover.

How can I check the camber plates were installed?

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@911GT350R the 19' Rs all came standard with adjustable camber plates, these are dealer installed parts so once a dealer gets in an R to sell it's on them to install them, realign the car, then sell. The easiest way to check is you can visibly see just enough of the plate with sticker on them through the top of the strut opening. Take a look at @dom418 picture above, the black plate with the white sticker is the adjustable camber plate. You should be able to read it enough to even see where it says "driver side/passenger side" for each one

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I’m a brand new R owner too so I appreciate this thread. I didn’t even know about the camber plates or adjustable struts. My dealer just patted me on the back and told me to enjoy lol. I did find the spacers in the center console and there is a box in the trunk with the car cover but will check that it is the R version cover.

How can I check the camber plates were installed?
The sticker label should say GT350R on it and not just GT350. The difference is the non R cover won't fit over the R wing. Maybe a color difference too but I'm not sure because I've never opened mine. But I was given the wrong cover initially by the dealership. They don't know jack. They just go back into the parts and get any 350 cover off the shelf not paying attention really.

Here's an example of an incorrectly installed front spoiler.
R7.jpg

911GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent info guys...I will check the camber plates were installed and that I have the correct cover, thanks!

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Excellent info guys...I will check the camber plates were installed and that I have the correct cover, thanks!
Be sure to take some time and go thru the sticky threads at the top by @Tank. Also, every new 350/R owner will receive the "Owners Supplement Package" as a gift from Ford. It took roughly 13 days after purchase until it showed up at my door.

Last edited:

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Actually the plates don't come with the car necessarily. Mine came about a week later to the dealer. Also, my local dealer also doesn't know about the plates for the R. They have one sitting on the floor right now that they've had for 3 months and still don't know about the plates which are not in the car or installed on the car.

911GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys, I have reached out to my dealer and they are claiming that I need to order the camber plates for my R and they do not come automatically. Does anyone have anything concrete in writing that establishes our position on this? Or should I call Ford customer service/FP?

Second question. I am headed to the track this Friday and will not have the camber plates. Is this going to be an issue? Is there anything I should do to the alignment prior to the track or will it be fine in the stock R form?

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys, I have reached out to my dealer and they are claiming that I need to order the camber plates for my R and they do not come automatically. Does anyone have anything concrete in writing that establishes our position on this? Or should I call Ford customer service/FP?

Second question. I am headed to the track this Friday and will not have the camber plates. Is this going to be an issue? Is there anything I should do to the alignment prior to the track or will it be fine in the stock R form?
Go to the configuration under build and price and show them the handling package is standard on the GT350R. It shows verbiage about the camber plates being shipped separate. This is what I did with my dealer and they managed to find the plates, having mine installed Saturday.

https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2019/models/shelby-gt350r/

Also do you have 1000 miles on your car yet? If not they don’t recommend tracking it prior to that.

I personally would get it aligned as close to the recommended track specs as possible without the adjustable camber plates. After seeing how hard the track was on my Super Sport tires on my old GT350 and knowing how much quicker the Cup 2s will wear.

911GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go to the configuration under build and price and show them the handling package is standard on the GT350R. It shows verbiage about the camber plates being shipped separate. This is what I did with my dealer and they managed to find the plates, having mine installed Saturday.

https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2019/models/shelby-gt350r/

Also do you have 1000 miles on your car yet? If not they don’t recommend tracking it prior to that.

I personally would get it aligned as close to the recommended track specs as possible without the adjustable camber plates. After seeing how hard the track was on my Super Sport tires on my old GT350 and knowing how much quicker the Cup 2s will wear.
Good stuff thanks sir! Yes I have done 1000 miles and just had the oil changed too. I’ll get the alignment done as suggested.
Sponsored