OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Yeah unfortunately auxiliary mode then change exhaust mode to quiet then start the car (without turning off auxiliary mode) is your only option outside of setting quiet start 24 hours a day to cover any unexpected times when you need quiet start.

Maybe if enough people complain about it Ford would issue a software update to allow better options in that regard but thatā€™s probably wishful thinking on my part
You would think this would work this is what Iā€™m saying is frustrating is that this actually DOESN'T work.

You can change it to Quiet (or Track) in Aux and then put your foot on the brake and start the car, but it then overrides it and goes to Normal no matter what. Give it a try and youā€™ll see it diverts back to Normal (and the sound is obvious).

What youā€™re describing is how it should work, by holding whatever mode is selected in Aux.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Maybe folks should just stop bitching about stupid little shit and go enjoy their cars. Ford gave us an awesome feature with a well thought out means to override it. If it takes a few seconds of your precious little life to use it just shut up and do it.

God, Iā€™m so tired of the ā€œKarenā€™sā€ on this forum.

Sorry, rant over. :explode: :curse:
Iā€™ll ignore that this is the GT500 sub forum and Iā€™m asking a simple question to learn about my GT500, and maybe make an effort to help Ford improve things on their end.

I have worked with BMW and AMG/Mercedes to change engine operation, boosting, transmission operation, and exhaust behavior on multiple vehicles, and at the end of the day they were gracious for actionable feedback to make their products better.

I donā€™t see how a reply or attitude like this is either helpful to people like me who are new GT500 owners, or to FoMoCo who could use feedback for improvements that help us all, down the line.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I took it as in jest. Wouldnā€™t take to much from it. Itā€™s rural where I live and canā€™t imagine not hearing the exhaust when I hit the button. One of the absolute best things about these cars. For what itā€™s worth, my 350 R is a lot raspier at start up. My wifeā€™s St was to quiet and I put a Borla catback on it. When I did it I didnā€™t tell her. She went to leave at 6am and when she started it she thought something was wrong with the suv. :cwl: Loveā€™s it now. Most are pretty decent guys on nere even if there a little salty at times.

Merry Xmas to everyone!

The juryā€™s still out on the Gt and Mach 1 guys though. :curse::giggle:

Iā€™ll ignore that this is the GT500 sub forum and Iā€™m asking a simple question to learn about my GT500, and maybe make an effort to help Ford improve things on their end.

I have worked with BMW and AMG/Mercedes to change engine operation, boosting, transmission operation, and exhaust behavior on multiple vehicles, and at the end of the day they were gracious for actionable feedback to make their products better.

I donā€™t see how a reply or attitude like this is either helpful to people like me who are new GT500 owners, or to FoMoCo who could use feedback for improvements that help us all, down the line.

Merry Christmas

OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
I took it as in jest. Wouldnā€™t take to much from it. Itā€™s rural where I live and canā€™t imagine not hearing the exhaust when I hit the button. One of the absolute best things about these cars. For what itā€™s worth, my 350 R is a lot raspier at start up. My wifeā€™s St was to quiet and I put a Borla catback on it. When I did it I didnā€™t tell her. She went to leave at 6am and when she started it she thought something was wrong with the suv. :cwl: Loveā€™s it now. Most are pretty decent guys on nere even if there a little salty at times.

Merry Xmas to everyone!

I probably should take it in jest as well, but sounded otherwise to me.

Anyway, hope no one gets me wrong. I didnā€™t buy this car to have something quiet. In fact I have a Lethal H pipe waiting for a springtime install sitting in the garage. I still think thereā€™s a time and place for a quick easy quiet start, is all.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s all good. Now if you get down in to the F1 thread, Ira gets real salty. :tumbleweed:

I probably should take it in jest as well, but sounded otherwise to me.

Anyway, hope no one gets me wrong. I didnā€™t buy this car to have something quiet. In fact I have a Lethal H pipe waiting for a springtime install sitting in the garage. I still think thereā€™s a time and place for a quick easy quiet start, is all.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Merry Xmas to everyone!

Dude, the 2015+ Mustang S550 Group on Facebook is a giant toxic cess pool. Theyā€™ll trash you just for saying hello.

OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Dude, the 2015+ Mustang S550 Group on Facebook is a giant toxic cess pool. Theyā€™ll trash you just for saying hello.
I also have a ā€˜21 Tacoma (have had a 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, and now 3rd) and that Facebook group is an absolute $hit show. Some idiots and some a$$holes, and most people are both šŸ˜‚

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Itā€™s just ridiculous that Ford couldnā€™t make the toggle stitch which toggles the mode (you can hear the flaps) NOT actually stay in the mode when it starts.

ā€¦also stupid that the toggle switches only go one way
Yes to both!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Merry Christmas
OK, OK, OK, I was out of line, my bad. My rant wasn't personal @Ezatnova, although I certainly see why you would think that. I mean you have a freakin' awesome car that many on this forum would die for and you complain about toggles. I get it, it's always the little stuff. But regardless, it's your car and you're right not to like something.

And so you know this is a Mustang Forum. There may be sub forums but all are invited to post on any of them. You are more than welcome to post on the California Special sub forum. :crackup: :cwl: :like::handshake:

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
For the record. I hadnā€™t even noticed the toggling just in one direction until I went for a drive today. Lol. I will say these cars draw a lot of attention. Iā€™m very fortunate to have one. Merry Xmas to you a d yours as well!

OK, OK, OK, I was out of line, my bad. My rant wasn't personal @Ezatnova, although I certainly see why you would think that. I mean you have a freakin' awesome car that many on this forum would die for and you complain about toggles. I get it, it's always the little stuff. But regardless, it's your car and you're right not to like something.

And so you know this is a Mustang Forum. There may be sub forums but all are invited to post on any of them. You are more than welcome to post on the California Special sub forum. :crackup: :cwl: :like::handshake:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE

Sounds good. Part of what no one would rightfully understand about my mentality with this new car is that I traded in my C63S for this, so fair or unfair, I am comparing life with one vs life with another in my mind. For example, I could control how loud that started, AND flip the thrive toggle mode BOTH directions so you didnā€™t have to cycle through them all šŸ˜‚. The little thingsā€¦.

different vehicles in lots of ways, but both forced induction V8 rear drive animals that are probably the two best sounding cars made (mine was before they put the particulate filter in them and ruined the pops and bangs), and also the same sticker price within $5k.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
That's what I did. I set quiet start from midnight to 11 PM to cover pretty much all the starts since the car echos really bad in my garage with the Borla exhaust. I then back out the garage and flip to my mode (track exhaust, comfort steering, normal suspension) and letter rip.
I did the same. Not much of an inconvenience to hit a toggle switch when I get down the road to put it in ā€œmy modeā€
Sponsored