Quiet startup - outside of quiet start hours

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You would think this would work this is what I’m saying is frustrating is that this actually DOESN'T work.

You can change it to Quiet (or Track) in Aux and then put your foot on the brake and start the car, but it then overrides it and goes to Normal no matter what. Give it a try and you’ll see it diverts back to Normal (and the sound is obvious).

What you’re describing is how it should work, by holding whatever mode is selected in Aux.
That’s interesting that it reverts back to normal on start. I wouldn’t think the programming on that would vary from the GT/M1 to the GT500 but it might. It’s the little things that can be most frustrating!

I hope you enjoy that glorious car and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
That’s interesting that it reverts back to normal on start. I wouldn’t think the programming on that would vary from the GT/M1 to the GT500 but it might. It’s the little things that can be most frustrating!

I hope you enjoy that glorious car and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
Yours does it too.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Yours does it too.
Yes I agree. Mine does it too. Hit accessory. Switch to quiet mode. Hit the brake and push start and by the time the engine fires the valves have switched back to normal. I go to the menu and verify. Yep back on normal. Aggravating

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes I agree. Mine does it too. Hit accessory. Switch to quiet mode. Hit the brake and push start and by the time the engine fires the valves have switched back to normal. I go to the menu and verify. Yep back on normal. Aggravating
Hmm, interesting. I did mine on quiet from auxiliary the other day and it started in quiet 🤷‍♂️

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Hmm, interesting. I did mine on quiet from auxiliary the other day and it started in quiet 🤷‍♂️
Mine has always switched back to normal. I've only tried a couple of times. That's when I just enabled quiet mode constantly and switch otherwise when I want.

Sponsored

Superleggera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1
This thread is interesting, I know for 100% my car will start in quiet mode if I switch to it in auxiliary mode and then start the car. Guess not all mustangs are programmed the same :shock:

OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
The plot thickens here! Very interesting it seems SOME GT’s CAN force start on quiet mode but GT500’s cannot. Either some engineer didn’t want no stinkin’ quiet starts on the 500, or maybe the car needs that open flow for the cats to light efficiently or something? Interesting nonetheless.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The plot thickens here! Very interesting it seems GT’s CAN force start on quiet mode but GT500’s cannot. Either some engineer didn’t want no stinkin’ quiet starts on the 500, or maybe the car needs that open flow for the cats to light efficiently or something? Interesting nonetheless.
It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the GT500 was programmed differently due to the latter part of your statement. Although, if the GT500’s do have the ability to set quiet start times, that throws that theory out because the can seemingly be started in quiet mode. One of life’s great mysteries 😁. Would be interested to hear if anyone is able to figure it out

OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the GT500 was programmed differently due to the latter part of your statement. Although, if the GT500’s do have the ability to set quiet start times, that throws that theory out because the can seemingly be started in quiet mode. One of life’s great mysteries 😁. Would be interested to hear if anyone is able to figure it out
good point. If it was necessary for the car’s operation, like you said, the quiet start hours wouldn’t be a thing. Hmm.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Maybe folks should just stop bitching about stupid little shit and go enjoy their cars. Ford gave us an awesome feature with a well thought out means to override it. If it takes a few seconds of your precious little life to use it just shut up and do it.

God, I’m so tired of the “Karen’s” on this forum.

Sorry, rant over. :explode: :curse:
Another solution is don't go out and start your car if it's going to disturb or piss off your wife.

Another testament that this car was never designed to be a daily driver.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I’ll ignore that this is the GT500 sub forum and I’m asking a simple question to learn about my GT500, and maybe make an effort to help Ford improve things on their end.

I have worked with BMW and AMG/Mercedes to change engine operation, boosting, transmission operation, and exhaust behavior on multiple vehicles, and at the end of the day they were gracious for actionable feedback to make their products better.

I don’t see how a reply or attitude like this is either helpful to people like me who are new GT500 owners, or to FoMoCo who could use feedback for improvements that help us all, down the line.

Merry Christmas
So, we have a part time engineer that all the OEM's listen to. Let me assist.... Ford reads all this but they aren't going to redesign the car for you.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I needed to start the car today in quiet mode due to the wife being on a work call. I powered up the car and put the exhaust mode into quiet (heard the valves changing). However when. I started the ending, it reverted back to normal and do not start quietly.

Seems odd that there is no way to ad-hoc start the car in quiet mode outside of the scheduled quiet start hours?
I just start it, hit the pony button on wheel, click ex mode, click quiet it is loud (normal mode) for all of 3 seconds.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Another solution is don't go out and start your car if it's going to disturb or piss off your wife.

Another testament that this car was never designed to be a daily driver.
That is just stupid. Some of us, like driving our cars. and at times need to not bother others be it a wife on an important phone call, a child sleeping/new born, or the neighbors.
I leave my house to goto cars and coffee, and shows/ races, etc early Sunday mornings, or very late at night. Some respect others and don't want to piss them off, and also don't want to have to plan using the car around the needs of others. So WE tend to try to work with others, so everyone stays happy.
Life is a lot less stressful with a happy wife AND NEIGHBORS.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Sorry I couldn't resist:

It's linked to the right point :-)

Merry Christmas everybody!

OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
So, we have a part time engineer that all the OEM's listen to. Let me assist.... Ford reads all this but they aren't going to redesign the car for you.
so, we have a full time tool…
Sponsored