Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
Lol, I beg the differ.

I always chuckle at people who buy these cars and wind up taking them to the grocery store, the kids to soccer practice, and then on the weekends to cars and coffee and tour their prowess. Don't kid yourselves, Ford built a barely street legal track car. Quiet mode, I laugh my ass off.

This is me on my way to the supermarket to pick up a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk via the Daytona International Speedway.

I can't imagine what it would be like if I got home without what she ordered. Heavens forbid I dare not give the car a little "hi honey, I'm home" blip of the throttle. I wouldn't dare interrupt her zoom call....

Lol

This was just my warmup session.

Not a track car, lol
Nice driving! What was your top speed at Daytona?
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Doesn’t it really depend on what you define as “racing”. No the GT500 is not a true full purpose race car. That would make it illegal on the street. But there are many classes that a slightly modified GT500 will do extremely well.

Your contention that a track focused street car cannot be a race car is unfounded.
He is claiming they are purpose built race cars, they are not they are street cars used on a track. or are we calling every mustang gt with the pp1 or 2 option group race cars also.
Or the eb hpp because they added parts to allow it to be tracked.

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
Wow, much faster than I've ever gone, but I never got out of the Intermediate group w/Chin. Been 150+ a number of times, most times on the back at Sebring, but 185 is up there is the stratosphere! What final drive ratio are you running? As for claiming a car is or is not a racecar, you do know we are all just splitting hairs here.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
He is claiming they are purpose built race cars, they are not they are street cars used on a track. or are we calling every mustang gt with the pp1 or 2 option group race cars also.
Or the eb hpp because they added parts to allow it to be tracked.
No, he never said "purpose built" race car, just "race" car which the GT350 and GT500 most certainly are. You are word picking and it is really doesn't matter.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Getting hung up on a term such as "racecar" is rather silly. The bottom line is that the GT500 is very track capable right from the factory and if you want to take it to the next level the parts are readily available to do so. To buy a Mustang off the dealer lot and then drive it at Daytona at NASCAR level speeds is as impressive as it gets (assuming the driver can handle it).

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Think we’re done here. :champagne:

Getting hung up on a term such as "racecar" is rather silly. The bottom line is that the GT500 is very track capable right from the factory and if you want to take it to the next level the parts are readily available to do so. To buy a Mustang off the dealer lot and then drive it at Daytona at NASCAR level speeds is as impressive as it gets (assuming the driver can handle it).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Think we’re done here. :champagne:
Not so fast..... lol.

I'll have to look at the document my wife prepared pertaining to a liability waiver, but she defined race car in that document and it pertained to my application quite well.

Here is the subsection that pertains to race car.....

1672358664538.jpeg

RACE CAR The term “race car,” as used in this agreement, includes but is not limited to any and
all vehicles participating in the Audi Club of North America Daytona HPDE at the Daytona
International Speedway from December 9, 2022 through December 11, 2022, the vehicle of (***edited***), and the vehicle I have registered to use and/or any vehicle I drive or ride in this event.
I have carefully read this entire Agreement, without any time constraints being placed upon me, and
fully understand and agree to be bound by its contents. I am giving up important legal rights and it
is my intention to do so freely and without coercion or duress of any type.
Signature: _______________________________ Date:_________________________________
Printed Name: __________________________
Witness: _________________________________ Date:___________________________________
Printed Name: ___________________________

So if a lawyer calls it a race car, well then it's a race car, lol

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
assuming the driver can handle it
Yes, assuming so.....

Hence the liability waiver

Drive it like we stole it because we all know this is waiting for us at the end of the session.

com07472.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
No, he never said "purpose built" race car, just "race" car which the GT350 and GT500 most certainly are. You are word picking and it is really doesn't matter.
This is why they need a time limit on editing post.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
This is why they need a time limit on editing post.
Anything that was said was quoted. If you are referring to me, then you are incorrect. Move on.

Back on topic..... I plan to have the car up in the air to do all the post track maintenence. When I do so, I will test the AWE system on the 500 so the OP can get his race car nice and quiet so he doesn't upset his wife and neighbors.

If I was him, I'd just get a pool noodle and stuff it in the valved pipes and be done with it.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Anything that was said was quoted. If you are referring to me, then you are incorrect. Move on.

Back on topic..... I plan to have the car up in the air to do all the post track maintenence. When I do so, I will test the AWE system on the 500 so the OP can get his race car nice and quiet so he doesn't upset his wife and neighbors.

If I was him, I'd just get a pool noodle and stuff it in the valved pipes and be done with it.
You seen to skipped a question. but by all means, Carry on.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250

The sooner you put RagmopinKona on “ignore” the happier you will be.
Sponsored