Sponsored

Quiet Exhaust with Headers

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Tru-x is a hidden treasure of the s550 world unless your a clown and like corse extreme exhausts

(No offense to the clowns)
Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I installed the magnaflow tru x on my car about 2 months ago, and it COMPLETELY killed the volume on my car. Before the tru x, my roush AB + mak cat deletes + ford x pipe resonator delete was literally nascar f1 level loud. Everybody i knew said it was the loudest car they have ever heard in their life. I installed it, and the car is literally as loud as a bone stock gt with only roush axle backs and nothing else done. It easily cut the volume down by 50%. But if i go WOT, its almost as loud as before which is nice. But cruising around town, the car sounds stock honestly. Kind of miss having that ear rape setup being heard 7 blocks away sometimes :cwl::frown:

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I am running stainless power LTH, catless with active exhaust. Was crazy loud with an X pipe. I replaced the x pipe with the magnflow true x, was super quiet at first but now that its broke in, its perfect. Still able to retain the function of the active exhaust. For instance.... When I had stock manifolds, X pipe and active I would have it in track mode and wasnt too loud. But after the LTH install and no cats with the x pipe...... Normal mode was like track mode with the x and stock manifolds times 100. LOL. I am very happy with the tru x, wasnt thrilled at first but its great now...
I’m considering a cat delete on mine. Curious if the quiet mode still does a decent job of keeping it tame in the early mornings. Mine would be h-pipe and oem mufflers.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Magna flow Trux

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I know people like that... My specific question is quiet mode with res and cat deletes. Is it still decently quiet. If with that setup quiet mode is unusable then I’ll just stick with my current h pipe.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I know people like that... My specific question is quiet mode with res and cat deletes. Is it still decently quiet. If with that setup quiet mode is unusable then I’ll just stick with my current h pipe.
Mine with no cat long tubes and X pipe was loud in quiet mode. I would say it was equivalent to normal or sport at start up (with stock manifolds and cats) in quiet mode. And normal mode was like track mode X100. and is perfect now with the X gone and the true x in place. Some people like it loud, was just way to loud for my liking.

Like for the week I still had the x with no cat LTH, I would start the car in quiet mode with the garage door closed so my neighbors wouldnt be pissed.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Mine with no cat long tubes and X pipe was loud in quiet mode. I would say it was equivalent to normal or sport at start up (with stock manifolds and cats) in quiet mode. And normal mode was like track mode X100. and is perfect now with the X gone and the true x in place. Some people like it loud, was just way to loud for my liking.

Like for the week I still had the x with no cat LTH, I would start the car in quiet mode with the garage door closed so my neighbors wouldnt be pissed.
I don't want to ruin a good thing then, the Bullitt with h pipe is just about perfect. quiet mode is quiet and track is loud i just wish track had a little more bite. I'm not willing to sacrifice the quiet mode though. I appreciate the response.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Has anyone added headers to a PP1 car with active exhaust? And kept the exhaust sound close to stock? I would like to add LTH headers to compliment my Lund tune. I don’t know whether to leave my resonator and use my active exhaust settings or to add midpipes with cats or small resonators and main resonator. I’m old and don’t want the loudness. I run my active exhaust on normal and sometimes sport.

If anyone has any combinations that have worked for them please let me know.

Thanks.
+1 for magnaflow Tru-X

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've got MAK 3 inch off road pipes, 3 inch connection, going into a 3 inch x pipe then to a dynomax truflow? then into 3 inch ID 30 inch long cherrybombs. Sounds very stock at idle with a slight rumble. Cruising on the freeway or in town sounds powerfull but will not get me noticed by the police. When I step on it it sounds like a Cosworth at full scream. Only set me back 500.

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
No active exhaust, but Stainless Power LTs with High Flows into a stock cat-back. It's only slightly louder at idle and part throttle, which was my goal. But it will snarl at WOT without the rasp. I've often thought about pulling the resonator or switching out for an aftermarket H-pipe, but for now it's not broke and those seem expensive for some bent pipe.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I've been running 1&3/4" headers (RHD Pacemaker mild steel ceramic coated) with high flow 100 cell cats and 3" mid pipes (H design with separate resonators) into the standard 2016 rear mufflers.

It's taken about 500km to settle in. Very noticeable increase in mid-range torque (with the tune as well of course). I suspect the standard rear muffs are strangling the top end.

Raucous for the first 30 sec of cold start up, thereafter reasonably tame with nice distinct V8 burble. WOT sounds purposeful and a little nasty (but nice!).

I may yet replace the rear mufflers but very undecided which way I would go but for the moment it's fine.
Sponsored