Sponsored

Corsa Exhaust with Headers

garod82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I really like the sound of the Corsa Sport Cat Back. But I want to install some headers as well and dont want the sound to change. What are some good HP headers that wont make the sound of the exhaust too loud?
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Any header is going to make the exhaust louder, I run ARH with Corsa sports and I personally love the setup.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Any header is going to make the exhaust louder, I run ARH with Corsa sports and I personally love the setup.
Do you have a sound clip? Would love to do this to my Corsa equiped gt but am guessing the police will have an issue with the noise blowing out windows

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Here's Shawn's video.

[ame]

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I based my corsa sport and catless headers purchase based off the video above.

First, let me say the video sounds great. BUT in person it is unbearably loud. Cold starts are embarrassing, mild driving is embarrassing, getting on the pedal... ridiculous. Cold starts would hit 117db on my SPL meter at 1ft from the tip!!!

So, I bought 2 9" dynomax bottle resonators and welded them into the header lead pipes. I also bought 2 12" vibrant bottle resonators and welded those in before the mufflers. Still was loud but more tame. I'm debating removing the corsa x pipe and going to an H-pipe with 2 24" resonators added in

Next, I got a lund tune and asked them to tune out the cold starts.

Now the car is PERFECT. Cold starts are loud for about 1.5 seconds and then it mellows out (thank you lund), exhaust is probably 5-6db more quiet at WOT.

Sponsored

OP
OP

garod82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the info. I may just do the Corsa sport catback without the headers. It's just kind of a bummer because I feel like I'm leaving a descent amount of hp on the table by not doing the headers especially after a tune.

jtb4431

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, M6, Oxford White
I based my corsa sport and catless headers purchase based off the video above.

First, let me say the video sounds great. BUT in person it is unbearably loud. Cold starts are embarrassing, mild driving is embarrassing, getting on the pedal... ridiculous. Cold starts would hit 117db on my SPL meter at 1ft from the tip!!!

So, I bought 2 9" dynomax bottle resonators and welded them into the header lead pipes. I also bought 2 12" vibrant bottle resonators and welded those in before the mufflers. Still was loud but more tame. I'm debating removing the corsa x pipe and going to an H-pipe with 2 24" resonators added in

Next, I got a lund tune and asked them to tune out the cold starts.

Now the car is PERFECT. Cold starts are loud for about 1.5 seconds and then it mellows out (thank you lund), exhaust is probably 5-6db more quiet at WOT.
Not what I would like to have read, since mine is on order from Beefcake, but good information to know none the less.. I plan to run catted headers, do you think it would make it less enough loud? I bought the corsa sports because from people's reviews and the videos online it seemed aggressive at WOT but not overly invasive at cold start and cruising speeds. :confused:

Last edited:

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
Thanks for the info. I may just do the Corsa sport catback without the headers. It's just kind of a bummer because I feel like I'm leaving a descent amount of hp on the table by not doing the headers especially after a tune.
here is another customers car with the same setup but with cats. The race cats really tame the car down as well.

[ame]

Shawn@Corsa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.corsaperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Corsa Equipped
Not what I would like to have read, since mine is on order from Beefcake, but good information to know none the less.. I plan to run catted headers, do you think it would make it less enough loud? I bought the corsa sports because from people's reviews and the videos online it seemed aggressive at WOT but not overly invasive at cold start and cruising speeds. :confused:
I always suggest catted long tubes... will still give you rich deep tones and the cats will scrub about 5-7 db lower than catless LT's (using SAE standard 3850rpm constant... tests which we use here 20 inches back)

There is a thin line between all the power and keeping "quiet" when going LT back... feel free to give us a call and we can go over scenarios for you.

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Cats I feel would make up for the 4 small resonators I added

Sponsored
OP
OP

garod82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I always suggest catted long tubes... will still give you rich deep tones and the cats will scrub about 5-7 db lower than catless LT's (using SAE standard 3850rpm constant... tests which we use here 20 inches back)

There is a thin line between all the power and keeping "quiet" when going LT back... feel free to give us a call and we can go over scenarios for you.
Shawn is there a number I can reach you at?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Can I ask how many dB both the sport and xtreme measure by that standard (with stock headers)? That's pretty much the same as we have over in Aus
Sponsored