Sponsored

Anyone have a quiet exhaust with headers?

Csb1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Want the power of headers but I don't want the loud sound they make does anyone have a setup they recommend muffler and mid pipe wise? Live in California and some cops are assholes about it
Sponsored

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Borla part #60561 is another option in addition to the Magnaflow. My Borla Touring setup (which includes the 60561 resonator) isn't that loud and I can't imagine headers making it THAT much louder.

OP
OP

Csb1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Thank you guys do you guys know if there is any power loss from those resonators? Thinking of maybe doing long tubes one of those resonators and a magna flow street

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i would stick with stocklike mufflers if you want it quiet

let me know if we can help

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Thank you guys do you guys know if there is any power loss from those resonators? Thinking of maybe doing long tubes one of those resonators and a magna flow street
They are straight through design , I know with the scavenging effect on the magnaflow you also pickup some good low rpm torque . Jones MF2469 and MF2468 are also good for the money .

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
No, there shouldn't be any power loss. I know for sure that the Borla resonator is essentially an H-pipe inside, just surrounded with insulation for sound control.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Want the power of headers but I don't want the loud sound they make does anyone have a setup they recommend muffler and mid pipe wise? Live in California and some cops are assholes about it
Dynomax race bullets. Two 18" case ones on the mids before the rear diff and two 12" case ones before the tips and it will be pretty quiet. I don't have the 12" case rears and it's fairly quiet until I'm on it hard. I'm debating adding the 12" case rears to tame what's left on the cold engine rasp it has. Here is what it currently sounds like. It's loud at wide open but it's pretty tame otherwise (no drone). Adding the 12" case rear bullets will make it quite a bit quieter.
[ame]

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
American Racing Headers full system. Bit expensive but is worth it for the quality and tone.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
i would stick with stocklike mufflers if you want it quiet

let me know if we can help
That is what I'll be doing with my headers when they get here.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Our Street catback is perfect to use with long-tubes because the larger mufflers keep the volume at a nice street-able level. Any system with circular/bullet style mufflers is gonna pierce eardrums when used with LTHs.

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
kooks with green cats and borla touring. pretty tame compared to just some cat backs. The kooks/w green cats didnt make the combo that much louder..
Sponsored