Quick shift knob question

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
After many many weeks of waiting, upon until they point where I thought the knob as MIA it finally showed up.

I did order a customer Raceseng Stratose Alcantara shift knob with an orange core and I am in love!

The shifter is fantastic from looks, build and feel point of view. Unfortunately I am not able to test test in action as it is winter here in Sweden.

However I have uploaded a video talking about the fit and finish and the quite straight forward installation process.

As always if you have any questions just let me know.
Link to the video:
I thought you no longer had a Mustang?
Sponsored

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Iā€™m looking for a RED shift knob that is the same, including the weight as the bullitts white cue ball. Itā€™s for my 19ā€™ bullitt. Anyone got a source? I tried one from CJ pony parts and it was light as a styrofoam puff.
1613283167218.jpeg

This may help you to compare the weight of aftermarket shift knobs to the stock Bullitt knob.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My car is Lucid Red, which is slightly lighter than Ruby (though not by much, and only noticeable in a side-by-side comparison in good light). So I can't actually guarantee that it's a perfect match to a Ruby Red car. But I have no reason to doubt that it is. It's a nice, dark red, which is consistent with my remembrance of Ruby.
I think it's a tiny bit darker than my car, but you'd be hard pressed to notice that. It looks like a perfect match for all intents and purposes. I'm sure it would be a great match for a Ruby Red car.

Sponsored

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Old thread, but I was just wondering if my Steeda aluminum reverse lockout will fit with this particular knob. I've been researching which knob to go with and it looks like this is the knob I'm probably going with. But I needed to confirm if it fits that lockout. Thanks a lot!
The Steeda aluminum reverse lockout is dimensionally identical to the stock one. It will work with any shift knob that's designed to work with the stock reverse lockout - including this one.

However, I must say that in the meantime I've fallen out of love with the WMG shift knob, for the reason stated here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...o-shifter-showdown.131828/page-2#post-3683681

So, sadly, I cannot recommend it anymore. :frown:
I now have a Bullitt shift knob with the Steeda aluminum reverse lockout.

Last edited:

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow thanks for the heads-up. That sucks. OP did you park outside in the sun a lot? Not that that makes it ok, but I'm just trying to guess what could have caused that, and if it would make a difference for me since.my car is garaged 24/7.

I'll have to look at some more reviews then and see if it's a common problem. I'm looking for something in a sphere shape, color matched deep impact blue, and weighted around a pound or close to it. The WM Garage one seemed.tonfit that bill at 14oz. I'll take a closer look at shift solutions and raceseng before I decide.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Sponsored

Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium Gt Convertible
I got my weighted white one from White Madness. Love it and it easy to install and makes shifting a breeze..Grandpa Bill
IMG_0687.jpeg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Oh wow thanks for the heads-up. That sucks. OP did you park outside in the sun a lot? Not that that makes it ok, but I'm just trying to guess what could have caused that, and if it would make a difference for me since.my car is garaged 24/7.
Yes, the car does spend a lot of time outside in the sun. But that's still no excuse for the clearcoat to fall apart after just one year. I bet my current (original) Bullitt knob will never do that for the rest of the car's useful life.
However, I don't know if all WMG shift knobs have the same problem, or it was just plain bad luck. It could be the latter.

BlueThunder16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Not sure but thanks for the heads up. In that older thread I see you had a color matched shifter surround trim piece. Where did you find that if you don't mind me asking?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That's the metal shifter surround from 5 Spurs:

https://5spurs.com/store/usa/2015-to-2022-Mustang-Metal-Shifter-Surround-p159075902

In real life it isn's quite as similar to the shift knob as it appears in the photo. It's a bit lighter in shade and has a brushed aluminum surface texture, as opposed to the glossy finish of the shift knob. I guess you can paint and lacquer it to match the shift knob exactly if you wish, but I didn't bother because it was close enough for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: