Sponsored

Question on my just arrived vertical links.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
In my time on here, (just over a year) i have never seen, or heard of anyone actually >greasing< the top and bottom zerk's. we are supposed to right? and low or high temp grease? and how much? just a few pumps i presume? btw, these are BMR's new TCA048's thanks folks!!
Sponsored

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
Temperature doesn’t matter as much as water resistance. You want a grease that is “tacky” and water resistant.

Be careful of over greasing, because the grease will drip out. Lots of moving parts back there, and you’d be surprised how messy a few drips of grease can be on a spinning wheel or axle shaft.

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
One more thing, about wether or not to actually grease. You will develop a sloppy fit in the bushing if no grease is used. Even for aftermarket suspension parts with no grease fittings, some type of lubrication is needed.

Stiffer suspension components can actually increase friction and binding in the system if not lubricated. It’s the trade-off for eliminating “slop.”

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Call BMR and ask them. I have always used Lithium grease on my BMR poly bushing components that require lubrication. 1-2 shots per year has been more than enough.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Triton54

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Ok, thanks alot you guys!! actually just got these installed a few minutes ago, Had some trouble on the driver side, just could NOT get the lower (bigger) bolt started, went >to the threads< but would not engage cause the new piece from BMR i think was tweaked a bit after welding, had to take off caliper, and rotor, and then install bottom bolt ( 18mm) and then swing it up and around to the top... a blind person should be able to install these, but not one of the pair i was shipped.....

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I've never been informed or seen issues with the installation of our TCA048 links.

If you have any reason to believe there is a defect please email me information (photos) and I'll gladly look into it.

Enjoy your new links.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^ When that man KELLY speaks....you listen. Your one stop connection to all your BMR questions. :thumbsup:
Sponsored