Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I had a bad knock sensor that was fixed by a Roush qualified mechanic free to me.

Without any luck on a quick search, I'm curious has anyone had warranty issues pop up on their roush kit?

I'm curious if roush covered it or if there aren't any issues to speak of.

Thanks đź‘Ť

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I raced a 2016 camaro 6.2 with nitrous and beat him at the track he thought i was stock except for the drag radials kept shaking his head talkin abt how fast them 10 speeds are i kept laughing finally told him i was supercharged.
You beat him so bad he was about to sell his car.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
You beat him so bad he was about to sell his car.
Funny thing is a buddy of mine was talkin abt runnin his car this guy jumps in talkin abt his buddys car he can race my buddy was like man i thought we was friends! He was like yeah i thought we were too when you told me abt your buddy’s stock mustang lol

Boostedgrabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
This is a phase I calibration? When did you get this version? Just wandering if they do a phase II cal without the larger ltr if you got a revision lately? Fastest phase I I got was 7.5! But phase II got a 6.90
I got my supercharger like 3 months ago so I got the bigger heat exchanger but it’s the phase 1 but all the newer phase 1s comes with the bigger heat exchanger

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know there are other dealers who have done similar setups. But I can't get the idea of a nicely equipped 700hp 401A Mustang GT for under $50,000 sounds like a no brainer for those not wanting to drop Shelby money. Granted that the reliability is there.
mechanically it’s a sound setup. They have been lazy on their cals though. Seem to have stepped their game up the last year since the gt500 was released. People also don’t like the idea of a dial DCT so Roush is a good alternative. Especially if you can throw one on a mach1.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
mechanically it’s a sound setup. They have been lazy on their cals though. Seem to have stepped their game up the last year since the gt500 was released. People also don’t like the idea of a dial DCT so Roush is a good alternative. Especially if you can throw one on a mach1.

I was curious on the Mach 1 too. I thought that would make for a killer setup.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I'm still waiting to get the rest of my Killer Chiller...lol. Just so you know, Joe will make you a custom line so you don't have to splice the high pressure side. BUT..... different builds have a different line... make sure you get the part number with your VIN if you order it....

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
How much does he charge?
Two months and no response so far. Pretty costly in my opinion. I've emailed with questions and received crickets. I've got the money to spend and I asked pretty basic questions about finding an installer and if all the parts were in stock.

Hell, I told them that I would drive it to ABQ for them to install it or tell me which shop in the area could. I'll take a family vacation to get it done right. TAKE MY MONEY!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Dyno Vid

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Two months and no response so far. Pretty costly in my opinion. I've emailed with questions and received crickets. I've got the money to spend and I asked pretty basic questions about finding an installer and if all the parts were in stock.

Hell, I told them that I would drive it to ABQ for them to install it or tell me which shop in the area could. I'll take a family vacation to get it done right. TAKE MY MONEY!
I emailed them months ago asking about what they’re doing to ensure no leaks. No response. Based on some information on the f-150 forum plus 5.0prim.0’s video, even the fittings at the KC (both sides supplied with the kit) leak. One of the f-150 guys seemed to think they were using incompatible fittings with different seat angles.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500