Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's a long drive for me :) I'll be honest, E85 would be great but I'm a little gunshy. I don't leave my area too much and work is only 10 minutes away. The station that has it is less than that but I'm still paranoid. I don't want to be stuck in a situation because they suddenly don't have stock. For as little as I drive it probably shouldn't matter but...

Yes... It shuts down on the dyno in 7th gear at 155mph. This is P1 versus P2 on the dyno.

Reed 1.jpg
I'm calling the Phase 2 numbers generous. Curiously what kind of weather? Temp and DA.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm calling the Phase 2 numbers generous. Curiously what kind of weather? Temp and DA.
That’s fairly consistent Phase 2 numbers compared to several other Phase 2 cars. The torque is a tad high but still pretty close.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I would have to look at the exact time of year. Pretty sure it was 60s outside. Don’t know DA. Normally around 2000 plus here.

(Checked my file date. Dyno for P2 was in February so temps were in the 50's or 60's. I had it dyno'd about a week after P2 was installed. Dyno on P1 was done in slightly warmer weather and on the original smaller HE)

only mods done between the two dynos was a Borla Type S cat back.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Here are my P1 dyno and P2 dyno chart.

P1. Run 1 was done in 6th gear. Runs 2 & 3 are in 7th. 6th gear shut down at 6900. Dyno operator said he thought the TB was closing at higher RPM's (you can see it in the dyno) so it was getting heatsoaked.

ReedSAE.jpg

P2. Run 2 was done in 6th gear but the numbers are screwed because the tires were slipping on the roller. Looks like 6th and 7th were shutting down at similar RPM.

Reed 2.jpg

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 10 spd, Roush P2 FI, Track Pack Suspension
My car has not been started for about a month due to continuous nasty road conditions. The roads are now dry but the temps are in the single digits. The car is in the garage and I would like to take it for a drive but I am a little concerned about starting it with the 5/50 oil in the crankcase when it is so cold. Even in 35 degree weather, a cold start pegs the oil pressure gauge. I can plug in the block heater but I don't think that heats the oil.

What are your thoughts on this?
Wife and I took mine for a drive last weekend and I just made sure to let the car warm up completely before driving. I try to at least start it once a week during the winter.

Just don't listen when your wifey asks you to punch it at 60mph in cold conditions with cold tires;

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Wife and I took mine for a drive last weekend and I just made sure to let the car warm up completely before driving. I try to at least start it once a week during the winter.

Just don't listen when your wifey asks you to punch it at 60mph in cold conditions with cold tires;
🤣😂🤣 her reaction.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
My car has not been started for about a month due to continuous nasty road conditions. The roads are now dry but the temps are in the single digits. The car is in the garage and I would like to take it for a drive but I am a little concerned about starting it with the 5/50 oil in the crankcase when it is so cold. Even in 35 degree weather, a cold start pegs the oil pressure gauge. I can plug in the block heater but I don't think that heats the oil.
What are your thoughts on this?
I took mine out on Saturday morning. It was 23 degrees and the roads were totally clear of snow, salt and chemicals. I took advantage of the nice late January weather here in the Northeast.
Good thing, because it is currently snowing out there right now. :explode: 👎

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I took mine out on Saturday morning. It was 23 degrees and the roads were totally clear of snow, salt and chemicals. I took advantage of the nice late January weather here in the Northeast.
Good thing, because it is currently snowing out there right now. :explode: 👎
IT SNOWED IN CENTRAL PHOENIX YESTERDAY!!!! Not at my house of course.. But 2 miles away at my buddies house. He showed me pics of his front yard and I was like WTF. It's snowed in the surrounding cities over the years but it's been at least 20 years since I've seen snow in town.

Still cold outside today but the roads are dry. Still running my DR's at 23 PSI from the track. It was 42 degrees when I went for a drive... Once the tires warm up the car moves OUT in this weather.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
IT SNOWED IN CENTRAL PHOENIX YESTERDAY!!!! Not at my house of course.. But 2 miles away at my buddies house. He showed me pics of his front yard and I was like WTF. It's snowed in the surrounding cities over the years but it's been at least 20 years since I've seen snow in town.

Still cold outside today but the roads are dry. Still running my DR's at 23 PSI from the track. It was 42 degrees when I went for a drive... Once they warm up the car moves OUT in this weather.
Wow,...that's crazy!! The weather has been whackadoodle lately. lol

Yeah,......this weather is great for the engines. Even my daily driver loves it. Let them breathe cool air!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
whackadoodle
I'm not sure why but I about fell out my chair laughing at that. I haven't heard that in a longer time then it's snowed in Phoenix :)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 2020 Stage 3’s have it standard too
only thing I’m confused about is the engine cooler and supercharger cooler??? Very strange and honestly hard to believe it’s something new. I’d like to see the details.

The Powertrain Cooling Package is standard for all 2020 ROUSH Stage 3 Mustangs. This cooling package helps keep powertrain components running cool for maximum performance. The Powertrain Cooling Package includes:
• Larger Lower Temp. Radiator
• Auxiliary Engine Cooler
• Auxiliary Supercharger Cooler
• Transmission Cooler or Duct
• Differential Cooler
• Fender and Hood Heat Extractors

Behind each of the front high flow, corner pocket is an auxiliary cooler. The passenger side cooler is an additional cooler for the supercharger and the driver side is an additional engine cooler. On Stage 3’s equipped with the 10-speed automatic they will be equipped with a transmission cooler and 6-speed manual transmission-equipped Stage 3’s receive a transmission cooling duct. The final piece of the cooling package is the differential cooler.