Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Personal relationships often can go a long way.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I didn't realize these coolers were for the IC. I thought they were for the trans or diff. So, how are they routed? Does coolant flow through them or are they just air to air?

I have noticed that even after pushing the car hard, the coolant in my IC system never gets very hot. Really just luke warm. Obviously, the small IC is not very efficient but the HE apparently is decent since it seems to keep the coolant from getting very hot.

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
I didn't realize these coolers were for the IC. I thought they were for the trans or diff. So, how are they routed? Does coolant flow through them or are they just air to air?

I have noticed that even after pushing the car hard, the coolant in my IC system never gets very hot. Really just luke warm. Obviously, the small IC is not very efficient but the HE apparently is decent since it seems to keep the coolant from getting very hot.
It looks like they are routed in series, the one on the driver side is for the engine radiator, the passenger side is another LTR for the supercharger. Definitely Fluid filled. I'd imagine this would significantly help in a road course scenario. The trans cooler for the auto is probably just behind the radiator like the factory one its just probably a larger one. the diff cooler they posted pictures is under the rear kind of like GT350 but they have a fan.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It actually looks really good in the green!
Those are some good size coolers. Would like to see some data at how much more cooler and efficient it makes the blower run.
I called Roush to ask if I could add the additional coolers to my 19 Roush Stage 3 and they said no that’s it’s specific to the 2020 Roush Stage 3 or Jack Roush Edition. Makes me wonder how they got those coolers and Roush logo heat exchanger?
I'm going to guess that they had the "hook-up" when getting those parts.
Because that green Mustang is neither a Stage 3 or Limited Edition car. And yes, it does look bad ass!

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just got my Phase 2 up graded cal done last week, I'd say money well spent. I do have a question though, I don't drive this car much, I got a chance today to take it out for a sprint ( Sunny and 40 degrees). I layed into it in 3rd gear (manual car) hit 4th lifted at 100ish and my cel was blinking. Got to a stop light, shut the car off then started it back up and no cel. I know some of you have had issues with the cel coming on. Mine went out so I'm not thinking it stored a code and it didn't come back in when I did it a few miles further down the road. Any ideas?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Bloney, it could have stored a code. If you don't have a way to scan it, some places will for free. I would definitely check.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you get a chance to read the code?
Yeah, no stored codes. I'll throw my scanner in the car, if it happens again, Roush says to scan it before shutting it off, otherwise not to be concerned.

Boostedgrabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Well did thisSaturday
Might be record for stock everything Might be record for stock everything

B7E7FF1E-DA22-4461-9594-C9A45CF15DA5.png

Boostedgrabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Well did thisSaturday
Might be record for stock everything Might be record for stock everything

B7E7FF1E-DA22-4461-9594-C9A45CF15DA5.png
Might be a record for stock everything and it’s a phase 1 so who ever says phase 2 is faster that’s not tru because I never seen no faster time.

jchamp922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Bloney are you signed up with Ford pass. If you are check if you got a message

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Might be a record for stock everything and it’s a phase 1 so who ever says phase 2 is faster that’s not tru because I never seen no faster time.
That's right around a 10.7 or maybe even a 10.69 in the 1/4. Roush Ran 10.7 in the "JRE" and 10.8 in the P2 according to their Facebook video a while back.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
It actually looks really good in the green!

Those are some good size coolers. Would like to see some data at how much more cooler and efficient it makes the blower run.

I called Roush to ask if I could add the additional coolers to my 19 Roush Stage 3 and they said no that’s it’s specific to the 2020 Roush Stage 3 or Jack Roush Edition. Makes me wonder how they got those coolers and Roush logo heat exchanger?
Since no other legit after market manufacture makes anything like it and they themselves won't make a massive amount of potential money off them by selling them aftermarket, unlike anything else they manu, I'd say it's all just a little cute add-on for marketing. Probably about as legit as the little stick on air coolers things they put on my car that don't even have holes in them for airflow.