Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome. I literally am jealous.
FWIW, I do wear gym shorts every single day as well though. But if it's too cold out, like today and tomorrow, I'll wear sweatpants.
I've been thinking of moving down there when I retire. But, that's a ways to go still. lol
Lmk when you're ready, we own a real estate company here in the Tampa area 👁👁

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
That's the worst.
I "assume" she's on a battery tender?
I charged the battery a couple weeks ago and it was not very low. I will charge again today. The car is in "sleep" mode according to Ford Pass.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
lol you don’t need that much to go 9s killerchiller e85 cat delete and 120$ pully and your 9s all day 138 mph
E85 won't happen until I don't DD my car. Only one station in my area and it may or may not test at e85 all the time. Would love to do it though. Just don't want to worry about the ethanol content all the time.

Boostedgrabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
E85 won't happen until I don't DD my car. Only one station in my area and it may or may not test at e85 all the time. Would love to do it though. Just don't want to worry about the ethanol content all the time.
There’s one on olive and the 101 and McDowell McDowelland 59th I believe but is is for shure in that Area Area thay just opend it

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Start with VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger and Reische 170 Degree Thermostat for cooling. I ran that on my 17 Roush Phase 2 and made a big difference.
Hossman. This question probably applies to Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars with the Roush. I got the 170 thermostat, but don't you have to also change the tune to run the fans at a lower temperature to really take advantage of it?

How much of a difference did you see with the VMP heat exchanger?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The 170 tstat helps without changing fan settings but you don’t get full advantage of it. I played with fam settings quite a bit and can keep ECT below 185 at all times now.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 170 tstat helps without changing fan settings but you don’t get full advantage of it. I played with fam settings quite a bit and can keep ECT below 185 at all times now.
I'm guessing this isn't something I can do myself with the nguage on a VMP tune. I would have to get VMP to change this in the tune? I think I have the standard VMP tune for a phase 2 Gen 2 car. Maybe they automatically change a couple things in their tune. Heck, I'm not even sure if the rev limiter was changed or not.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hossman. This question probably applies to Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars with the Roush. I got the 170 thermostat, but don't you have to also change the tune to run the fans at a lower temperature to really take advantage of it?

Yes if you get the VMP Triple Pass with fans you should definitely get tune update to maximize its cooling potential. Where you really saw the improvement with the VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger is idling, sitting in traffic or after some pulls you see the IAT2’s come down much quicker.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How interesting would it be to compare the Whipple Stage 2, Roush Phase 2, Edelbrock Stage 2 and Procharger/Paxton/Vortech kits on the included calibration? I think the Roush Phase 2 will be right up there with those kits on the included tune.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
How interesting would it be to compare the Whipple Stage 2, Roush Phase 2, Edelbrock Stage 2 and Procharger/Paxton/Vortech kits on the included calibration? I think the Roush Phase 2 will be right up there with those kits on the included tune.
I don't know about ultimate dragstrip performance but if the comparison includes daily drivability, noise levels, customer service, cost, engine safety and powertrain warranty, the Roush kit would be right up there. I suspect most Roush customers factored in all of those things.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
No doubt for a mostly street setup and warranty the Roush kit is king. If your looking for a street monster or drag monster the other kits for sure have more potential. Roush made a mistake rushing to market on the 18+ Gen 3’s by not going to an inverted blower with the brick on top and a larger inlet. I’m surprised a company as big and reputable as Roush hasn’t gone that route already and corrected their design. I really am happy with my 19 Roush Stage 3, but it would be nice if the set up made it easy to make big power if you wanted to like other kits.

I would like to know how they squeezed 775hp on the Phase 3 calibration on the Jack Roush Edition when it seems it’s getting pushed pretty hard already on the Phase 2 calibration without a fuel pump voltage booster?

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking more the radiator fan in conjunction with the engine coolant thermostat. I ordered the heat exchanger w/o the fans. I read that the difference with the fans is minimal and that they can actually block air when moving.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I believe the fuel pump issue could actually be fixed in the cal.
DW400 fixed it in mine. Not sure if their newest cal addresses that or not. I heard that it was one of the tweaks.