Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
Here's an interesting twist on the 3/36 warranty with the Roush/Ford Performance TVS2650 -

I just got an '18 with a phase 1 TVS2650. It was dealer installed in April of last year about a month after the original owner bought the car (yes, an '18 bought new in '20). I talked with the dealer and in the fine print of the warranty it says the 3/36 warranty is for the original purchaser only. For me, the supercharger isn't covered by warranty but everything else still is. One thing to keep in mind if you're buying a used car with a Roushcharger and are concerned about the warranty.

Apart from the glitch in warranty (which I'm not particularly concerned about), I am really enjoying even the phase 1 setup. It's got the larger LTR, which will hopefully help with the heating issues. I did try the "foot on brake and hold the + button for at least 5 seconds before you shut it down" trick, and it works with the 700hp setup, too. I don't know about ultimate performance, but the tune seems to work quite well. If you can manage to keep your foot out of it, it gets pretty decent mpg and otherwise is very well mannered. My drive from the dealership to home was in the 23-24mpg range at 75mpg. I noticed that one of the trip meters hadn't been reset since the car had the supercharger put on it. It read 18mpg. I haven't verified the accuracy of the trip meter yet, but my other Fords would realistically put it at 1-2mpg less than what it reads. As a baseline setup I would say they did a really nice job with it.

One more thing... Is the rev limiter on Stage 1 set at 6800rpm, or did they raise it with the later tunes?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Phase 1 rev limiter was 6800? Wow....that is low. My P2 freely revs to and shifts in the 73-7400 range in the lower gears. Not sure what the limiter is set at since I haven't hit it.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
Phase 1 rev limiter was 6800? Wow....that is low. My P2 freely revs to and shifts in the 73-7400 range in the lower gears. Not sure what the limiter is set at since I haven't hit it.
I've seen a couple of dyno graphs that show going up to 6800 then shutting down. I don't know if that was because of hitting a top speed limiter for the car or because of rpm limitation. I did see a Roush video of phase 1 where the graph went to 7500. I'm not sure why they would have lowered the rpm other than to "safety up". Funny thing, my Roush gauges show the redline area starting at 6500. Doesn't make much sense when the original redline on the car was 7500. I'm sure I'll hit fuel shutoff at some point, but the car is sitting in the garage with snow on the ground outside right now.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
On the dyno, it is my understanding that the speed limiter is a factor.....not the rev limiter.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I haven’t looked at the post-123 bug-fix cals, but dyno pulls are usually done in 7th gear. In the roush cals I have, in 6th and 7th gears the rev limit is 7000 rpm. I’m pretty sure someone told me that rather than raising this rev limiter, they just lowered the shift points to fix the bug but I can’t confirm.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hmmmm I wonder if this is the longest thread ever on this entire forum?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I bet it is.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
There’s one on olive and the 101 and McDowell McDowelland 59th I believe but is is for shure in that Area Area thay just opend it
That's a long drive for me :) I'll be honest, E85 would be great but I'm a little gunshy. I don't leave my area too much and work is only 10 minutes away. The station that has it is less than that but I'm still paranoid. I don't want to be stuck in a situation because they suddenly don't have stock. For as little as I drive it probably shouldn't matter but...

On the dyno, it is my understanding that the speed limiter is a factor.....not the rev limiter.
Yes... It shuts down on the dyno in 7th gear at 155mph. This is P1 versus P2 on the dyno.

Reed 1.jpg

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Also. Roush doesn’t recommend you dyno in 7th from what I have been told. They will tell you 5th or 6th.

Boostedgrabberlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
That's a long drive for me :) I'll be honest, E85 would be great but I'm a little gunshy. I don't leave my area too much and work is only 10 minutes away. The station that has it is less than that but I'm still paranoid. I don't want to be stuck in a situation because they suddenly don't have stock. For as little as I drive it probably shouldn't matter but...
To be honest you sound a lil crazy lol gunshy to go to a gas station phx is pretty safe sounds to be your just not a city guy flagstaff and Prescott is very nice

Yes... It shuts down on the dyno in 7th gear at 155mph. This is P1 versus P2 on the dyno.

Reed 1.jpg

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
My car has not been started for about a month due to continuous nasty road conditions. The roads are now dry but the temps are in the single digits. The car is in the garage and I would like to take it for a drive but I am a little concerned about starting it with the 5/50 oil in the crankcase when it is so cold. Even in 35 degree weather, a cold start pegs the oil pressure gauge. I can plug in the block heater but I don't think that heats the oil.

What are your thoughts on this?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I run 5w50 year round and no issues at all with cold temperatures in the Northeast. Your good to go!