Sponsored

QA1 GT350 CF Driveshaft

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
Quick note: when I installed my qa1 and did my first shakedown, I didn't notice any Nvh. Top speed was only about 125-130, tho.

Between the shakedown and my first day at COTA, I had to drop the trans to replace a rear main seal. When I did my track day, I had some vibrations north of about 120.

After seeing this recent convo about angles, I went and checked mine and found that my trans had slid towards the driver side a bit in the rear. I loosened the mounts and pulled it back. Presto - no more vibrations.

If you're having any added NVH, it's probably something similar.
Really curious as to the NVH at higher speeds. I run Daytona Rolex course fairly frequently and reach speeds in the 160's - 170's - so would really want assurance of no vibrations or potential issues during those higher risk sessions.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Really curious as to the NVH at higher speeds. I run Daytona Rolex course fairly frequently and reach speeds in the 160's - 170's - so would really want assurance of no vibrations or potential issues during those higher risk sessions.
You won't have any issues. I know of a few have run this DS at Daytona. I've run mine to 160 and not had any issues. Just need to make sure things are aligned (if you don't move the trans/diff, you'll be good).

pbrmeasap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R & 2016 Charger SRT392
You won't have any issues. I know of a few have run this DS at Daytona. I've run mine to 160 and not had any issues. Just need to make sure things are aligned (if you don't move the trans/diff, you'll be good).
Appreciate the feedback. Next question then is - is there a performance improvement? For Daytona, would want to see improved exit speed out of turns 3 and 6 in particular (both in 3rd gear). Another example of desired quicker rpm spool up would be turn 7 at Sebring.

I am also considering swapping out the heavy stock brake set up for the AP Racing package to save considerable #, but that's for another thread.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Appreciate the feedback. Next question then is - is there a performance improvement? For Daytona, would want to see improved exit speed out of turns 3 and 6 in particular (both in 3rd gear). Another example of desired quicker rpm spool up would be turn 7 at Sebring.

I am also considering swapping out the heavy stock brake set up for the AP Racing package to save considerable #, but that's for another thread.
It's not a lap time mod in my opinion. It's a safety mod, a fairly cost effective way to trim some weight, and it pairs well with other related mods (i.e. tune, built engines, etc.).

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know where the best price for this DS is and if there are any discount codes or up coming specials?
Sponsored