Push to start failing?

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Thought I wasnt pushing the clutch down all the way but Ive been having some start issue with push to start. I have to hit it a few times before it will start. At first I thought it was me.

Today it would not start at all. Key is detected. With clutch depressed it just does back to off like its not detecting the pedal being down. Accessories turn on but it tells me depress clutch/brake even though I am. Is there a sensor somewhere down there or a bypass?

I have a steeda spring and perch in as well as a new cyclinder. Few months old. Not sure if that caused anything.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Mine kinda does this too sometimes. Like it doesn't register so I have to release the clutch and redo it. Sometimes there is a three second delay before it starts. It's random though.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Sounds like you have a clutch sensor failing rather than push start. I have a 97 F350 that I have to hold the key turned forward in crank position and slam the clutch a couple of times every now and then to detect clutch is depressed. I recently bypassed it but it can be dangerous if someone not used to it tries to crank it while in gear

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
My clutch safety switch fell off the other day. It took a while upside down under the dash to figure out how to orient it to put it back

OP
OP
Nghtshd88

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Well.. here I am again.. crappy clutch safety switch went (again) and now I cant start the car.. anyway to bypass this?

Or am I stuck until I get a new one?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nghtshd88

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Tried pushing it in with my hand and its telling me to start with brake. When I do that it fires for half a second cuts out.. so annoying. I just want to able to drive my damn car without the idiot switch..

Took it apart, contacts are fine. Reinstalled with the plunger pulled out. When I compress the clutch the light is green like before it broke but again still prompts me to press the brake pedal and I get only a half second start.. i guess taking it apart didnt help..

EDIT: cleared the stupid DTC with the nGuage and it worked.. so if you dont have a scanner or at least a bluetooth scanner and torque or similar app your screwed until you can find one or are towed out.

I was about to unplug the battery which I assume would have worked but unsure how long that would take if it at all.

Ordering my 3rd switch..

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
Nghtshd88

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Here I am again same issue.. so stupid...

Does anyone know how to start after replacement??

It just keeps says read manual... but I have no clue what to do. Last time there was a code to clear. This time none.

Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
so on my 911 there was a simple homemade jumper wire to cancel the feature. You could even start with the clutch up. It may be doable and you d have to be sure your OK with the feature being OFF. I was the only driver so I was comfortable with that. Do a search on the net, maybe even under the Porsche sites.

OP
OP
Nghtshd88

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Thanks. I already ordered another and pulles this one apart but cant start because the wrench light is on but no DTC.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558

here s the principle but we made push clips to connect the wires so it could be reversed easily.

OP
OP
Nghtshd88

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
So apparently a regular scanner like torque pro wont work. Only the SCT or Ngauge showed the code p0704. I dont know why that is. I still cant get it to start though it will give half crank and terminate.

Edit: pryed the prongs out and got it to work now. Have another new cheap $10 switch coming tomorrow.

This car will not start with the clutch in and bypassed btw..

This will be my 4th one I believe.. terrible.. if I was keeping the car I would do a wire bypass.. but you still have to have the clutch out.

All this new hydraulic bs (faulty clutch masters) and safety switch has caused me a lot of issues. Poor quality from Ford.

20230330_100145.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: