Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,
I have been in the market for a GT350 for a while. Decided to hold off this past year and focus on some other things. Began looking again in November hoping that with the winter season and year end I would find some really good deals that would be strong enough to purchase now and then store for the winter. After looking at the pricing on used and new 2019's there are some really good deals below msrp, but nothing that makes me say, wow.. I'd better jump on this now instead of waiting for spring. It seems these cars are plentiful and the cost difference between new and used is only 2-3k with the reduced pricing under msrp. I'm also thinking about the cost of transport which for me is around 1k for most out of state purchases. If you add up transport, storage costs (I don't have room in my garage), insurance, and monthly payments during winter I feel like I might as well save the money and purchase in the spring.
My question is two-fold.. number one, do you think the pricing will jump in spring on left over 19's
and if I could find one that is closer to me....do you think it's safe to drive it back a few hundred miles on the cup 2's in 30 degree or less weather?
Sponsored

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm just across the border in northern IL. I'm on the flip side of that coin. I'm trying to decide if I should sell now or wait for spring. I suspect you will not find a better deal now on a new car but I could be wrong. If you are looking locally, you will not find much because the local dealers tend to stock less GT350 and Mustangs going into fall/winter. If you are looking in southern states, it is always summer so they sell these cars year around. Either way, I think there may not be many deals. If you are looking to save money, why not look at a low mileage 2017 or 2018 that has been treated well? I know there are garage queens like mine out there. I don't recall my exact mileage but I don't think I hit 1,400 miles yet. Looking for a garage queen could get you the savings your looking for.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply... It took me a long time to decide whether I wanted to roll the dice on a gently used 2017-18, but in the end the stories of oil consumption and engine replacements just convinced me that if I'm going to do this and want the best chance of avoiding the hassle of dealership service departments it was with a 2019 with the Gen2 motor. I know people keep telling me the % of failures is low compared to the number of cars that are out there, but when you know people personally who have gone through this it tends to shake you a little bit. At the end of the day, I could pay under 50k for a used 2018 right now, but for 5-7k more I can get a used or new 2019 it's worth it in my mind. The biggest thing I am struggling with as I mentioned is buying now without any real incentive vs waiting until spring when I don't have to go through the hassle of transportation or driving it home in the winter. I found several that are 4-5 hours away in IL and MN that I could possibly drive home and save the extra 1k.
Really hate that Ford didn't leave the base 2019 GT350 alone in regards to tires... the R had the cup2's... most guys who are buying a regular 350 may never track it.. keep the two separate, the MPSS were fine. Also keep that ridiculous wing or "swing" as they call it on the R and not on the 350 :facepalm:. I will be swapping that spoiler for a 2017-18 model as well down the road.
I do love the interior upgrades, better stereo, and BLIS on the new 2019's. I have owned 2- premium pkg mustangs and got used to those amenities....plus the cobra pony lamp, i'm embarrassed to say that "I want that"...:giggle:
sorry for the rant... thanks again for responding.

i want that.....jpg

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
It depends.. If you are hung up on certain colors and options you may not find any 19’s left with those choices. If your very open to color choice abs options then I think Jan-Feb might get better, but there is only so low dealers can go without Ford incentives.

Once we get towards March early April I think dealers will raise prices because Spring is around the corner.

Oh one more thing. Used prices are very negotiable. Usually more then new. I think low mileage 17-18 should be $43-48K tops. I found a low mileage 17 with under 6K miles in perfect condition for $42K and pretty sure I could have gotten it for $41K. The 18 I bought had 1400 miles and was listed at $53K online and I was able to get it just under $49K including dealer fees (but not taxes).

Dealers will negotiate a lot on used right now.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Driving that far with Cup 2 tires in 30 degrees would probably destroy them. Not to mention it would be suicide if any snow fell or a cold rain. I’d not do it. You might find a used 18 and older with the 19R motor in it for sale too.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the pricing will be higher in the spring.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Driving that far with Cup 2 tires in 30 degrees would probably destroy them. Not to mention it would be suicide if any snow fell or a cold rain. I’d not do it. You might find a used 18 and older with the 19R motor in it for sale too.
Thanks.. I am assuming the only way I would be able to get an 18 with a 19R motor would be a buyback with engine replacement?

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It depends.. If you are hung up on certain colors and options you may not find any 19’s left with those choices. If your very open to color choice abs options then I think Jan-Feb might get better, but there is only so low dealers can go without Ford incentives.

Once we get towards March early April I think dealers will raise prices because Spring is around the corner.

Oh one more thing. Used prices are very negotiable. Usually more then new. I think low mileage 17-18 should be $43-48K tops. I found a low mileage 17 with under 6K miles in perfect condition for $42K and pretty sure I could have gotten it for $41K. The 18 I bought had 1400 miles and was listed at $53K online and I was able to get it just under $49K including dealer fees (but not taxes).

Dealers will negotiate a lot on used right now.
Thanks... I did try to negotiate on a used 2019 but they wouldn't budge.. some dealers are stubborn that way... then a month later they whack 1200 off the price. Pisses me off.
By the way, I am looking at a unit with the heated and cooled leather seats, the best deal i've seen on an 18 with low miles was 48k... It is actually still for sale. I think the build date was May of 2018, so one of the last 2018's out there..

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Thanks... I did try to negotiate on a used 2019 but they wouldn't budge.. some dealers are stubborn that way... then a month later they whack 1200 off the price. Pisses me off.
By the way, I am looking at a unit with the heated and cooled leather seats, the best deal i've seen on an 18 with low miles was 48k... It is actually still for sale. I think the build date was May of 2018, so one of the last 2018's out there..
I would give the GM of the dealership your target price and tell him your ready to make a deal when they are. Might be a week, or even six weeks but you may get that callback. On my 1400 mile 18 I told the dealer $47,500 would get it done. He told me $50K was it and he couldn’t go lower. I said thanks but no thanks. A week later he called and said $49K. I told him I would do $48K. We parted ways and a week after that agreed on a slightly higher number including dealer fees but under $49K.

If I waited until Jan-Feb I’m positive I could have gotten it for $47K+ fees. These cars just don’t sell here in the northeast in the winter. I’m always very polite but professional and no BS.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would give the GM of the dealership your target price and tell him your ready to make a deal when they are. Might be a week, or even six weeks but you may get that callback. On my 1400 mile 18 I told the dealer $47,500 would get it done. He told me $50K was it and he couldn’t go lower. I said thanks but no thanks. A week later he called and said $49K. I told him I would do $48K. We parted ways and a week after that agreed on a slightly higher number including dealer fees but under $49K.

If I waited until Jan-Feb I’m positive I could have gotten it for $47K+ fees. These cars just don’t sell here in the northeast in the winter. I’m always very polite but professional and no BS.
thanks... I have let them know my price, but so far no go... but this gives me hope that they will call me back. Can't imagine they are just happy with sitting on these things at year end... but maybe by Jan/Feb they will be more desperate....

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
thanks... I have let them know my price, but so far no go... but this gives me hope that they will call me back. Can't imagine they are just happy with sitting on these things at year end... but maybe by Jan/Feb they will be more desperate....
Patience is the key. It took me six weeks to negotiate my C7 deal. Dealer swore he would never sell it for my target price in early January. We were $3K apart. By mid Feb I was signing paperwork.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Hi
No, I think some people with 18 and older that have got the 19R motor as a replacement have put them up for sale from time to time. I had mine replaced with a 19 motor and I think it’s actually good and may add value, even if some people get pissy about the numbers not matching on a new long block.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The Cup2's on the standard GT350 are a different rubber compound than the more track oriented compound on the R Cup2's. The non-R compound is more street friendly.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Yes but not 30 degree friendly

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've putzed around in the R Cup2's in the 30's just to keep the car running in the winter. I wouldn't push the car or expect any serious grip, but I'd be surprised if a couple hundred miles at 30 degrees was enough to destroy a set of non-R Cup 2's. I could be wrong though, happens more than I'd like.
Sponsored