Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I live in MN on Lake Superior and I keep hoping "just a few more days or couple more weeks" as we get a couple 35-40+ days and stuff starts melting then it goes back down to sub 20 degree weather and we are supposed to get snow again tomorrow and Friday again and looked at the forecast for the whole next week and nothing but one day supposed to really be over freezing.

So over winter already, it seemed to have started early this year and is just DRAGGING on for so long it feels like, ughhhh
I appreciate all of the posts here. It's like group therapy :)
I really love WIsconsin and the summer and fall is glorious and great driving weather.
Even the winters are not extreme anymore with just a week or two of really cold cold weather. But the thing that always gets me is the March/April winter hanging around. It was 45 yesterday and sunny. Most of the snow is melted, but now a high of 25 today. 50 later in the week and then back down to 39...
My wife and I went to Florida in February for 2 weeks and met a lot of MI, WI , MN and Canada folks. I get it now why people go down there for a couple of months. THat is my goal now is to get out of dodge from Jan 1st to March. Then I can deal with a bit of colder weather as spring approaches.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Where are you located at around here?

I haven't done anything fun in the snow in a long time. I really miss snowmobiling and I haven't went snowboarding in years. Maybe next year
I live near Elk River. An hour north of the twin cities.
I ride snowmobiles and ski a lot.
I love the winters here. I can do without the -20f below days though...

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I live near Elk River. An hour north of the twin cities.
I ride snowmobiles and ski a lot.
I love the winters here. I can do without the -20f below days though...
I don't mind if it's a little cold, as long as there is snow to go with it though. I hate when we get those stretches with nothing but just cold and no snow.

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
I'll tell you what Brad, your Boss is one Bad Ass looking car buddy ! Probably runs like a scared
rabbit... 😍
Thanks Ray! Had a lot of fun building the Boss over the 2019-2020 winter. It's quite a track day car after lots of fine tuning.
That is one badass garage!!! You've got the best of both worlds there...
Thanks Lorne! Appreciate the comments and the YouTube video. I had not seen that one before.

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
After some 265HP winter therapy summer will return here in Minnesota....eventually.
DSC_6835.jpg
DSC_6928-2.jpg
Wow, a Yamadog with a hair dryer, way out of the league for my Yamadog SRX 600. Nice Sled Brother !
My nephew had a 700 triple, man what a beast ! Hands down the Shelby takes the cake !
:like:

VBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2005 CLK320 Convertible
Took mine out for the first time yesterday. Usually I start/move/get it up to temp a couple of times over the winter. This year I just left it alone, it seemed rougher, brakes definitely had some buildup. Wore off quick though. Think I will go back to keeping it exercised, i Know it’s controversial.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We just got about 8 inches of snow Friday night. Lovely.

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Finally, a month after I took it out of Winter hibernation, did we have nice enough weather to take her out for a good ride. Hopefully from here on the weather stays warm and dry.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I got my GT500 out last week in SE PA. 350R is still at storage as a new piece of PPF has to be installed. Should have the 350R back next week. Feels so good to drive the 500 again. can't wait to get back behind the wheel of 350R

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I live in MN on Lake Superior and I keep hoping "just a few more days or couple more weeks" as we get a couple 35-40+ days and stuff starts melting then it goes back down to sub 20 degree weather and we are supposed to get snow again tomorrow and Friday again and looked at the forecast for the whole next week and nothing but one day supposed to really be over freezing.

So over winter already, it seemed to have started early this year and is just DRAGGING on for so long it feels like, ughhhh
Agreed on the bold, but I'd give my left nut to live up there versus the southern half of this state....

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Agreed on the bold, but I'd give my left nut to live up there versus the southern half of this state....
I'm just glad it looks like the weather is finally going to turn around on Sunday this weekend and start being in the 50's and currently is showing 50's thru thursday currently. As soon as it isn't wet on the roads even if I can't get the stang out, I will definitely be on my 2 wheeler.
Sponsored