Purchasing GT or Mach 1 this weekend!

Tpme06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laramie, 2022 Mach 1
Been lurking for a while, posting because this weekend I'm pulling the trigger! Between two very different trims though, and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Both are Mischievous Purple, I really like the color.

1) GT Premium w/ 401A, Magneride, GT Performance Package, Active Valve Exhausts, Recaro Seats. MRSP $58,410 discounted to $56,609 (including doc/title fees).
2) Mach 1 w/ Handling Package. MRSP $62,145 discounted to $59,880 (including doc/title fees). Need to ship to me +$650.

Here is where I'm at, I think the Mach 1 is a fantastic deal. I like the idea of having some added performance parts and a Tremac transmission. My biggest concern is I don't ever plan to track the car, and it has the Sport Cup 2 on which I'd basically want to try to sell/replace day 1. The other thing is the front diffuser/rear wing look a bit aggressive to me. Lastly I'd have to ship this vehicle to me, so no dealer support and buying "sign unseen."

The GT is local, I can look at it and drive it in advance. It is a bit cheaper, but not by a lot. Granted, I do plan on trying to negotiate a bit further given how close the Mach 1 is to it. I like that the interior isn't cloth (something about a $50k vehicle with cloth just bothers me for some reason).

I always like to get the "best bang for my buck." That feels like the Mach 1 given how close the prices are. But, is it too much car? I'm driving this thing on back roads during nice weather (not my daily). Thoughts, suggestions, anything I'm missing? Any feedback much appreciated!
Sponsored

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Roush S/N 22-0001 TP
Get a Roush from Tindol Roush Ford in North Carolina. Got #1 and didn't cost me a thing getting shipped to Iowa. Only thing I did was test drove the same model GT locally to get the feel for the car. Had a Mach 1 ordered the first week bank's opened and felt like the extra money for the Roush was better for me. And it was.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
For the money listed, I would get the Mach. The Tremec is a great transmission and the additional coolers are nice as well.
A few other items are the chassis specific number, the Track Atack, and owners kit( if that’s of any relevance)
Either way they both are great cars, and should put a smile on your face. Good
Luck!

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Mach all thefucking way man.

JSracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150; 2005 GTO
I would say the Mach 1 as well. Even if you got an extra $1-2k off the GT it's still too close in price to even question it. While it will suck to have to switch tires the HP is probably worth it if you ever go to sell and your not really even paying for it at that price.

Many Mach 1 buyers have bought site unseen and had them shipped.

Is the dealer with the Mach 1 reputable?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tpme06

Tpme06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laramie, 2022 Mach 1
I would say the Mach 1 as well. Even if you got an extra $1-2k off the GT it's still too close in price to even question it. While it will suck to have to switch tires the HP is probably worth it if you ever go to sell and your not really even paying for it at that price.

Many Mach 1 buyers have bought site unseen and had them shipped.

Is the dealer with the Mach 1 reputable?
Yes, one of the dealers mentioned on this forum often!

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I would go with the Mach 1 and build up from there. You’ll have a more solid foundation to build upon. For 3k u get the Tremek plus diff, oil, trans coolers. Im going by the notion that driving a car designed and built for track makes for a more durable daily car. Badging makes you stand out as well if you dont mind that. Either way you will come out a winner. Good Luck.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As others have said, given the pricing is so close on both, go for the Mach 1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There’s always folks looking for Cup2’s so you’ll be able to offset a good chunk of the purchase of new tires by selling the Cup2’s.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
For the money listed, I would get the Mach. The Tremec is a great transmission and the additional coolers are nice as well.
A few other items are the chassis specific number, the Track Atack, and owners kit( if that’s of any relevance)
Either way they both are great cars, and should put a smile on your face. Good
Luck!
BECAUSE OF THE TRANS ALONE i'D GO MACH 1. Not sure why you need it shipped to you.
Get the docs, call your insurance, get tags, goto where it is, drive it home.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There’s always folks looking for Cup2’s so you’ll be able to offset a good chunk of the purchase of new tires by selling the Cup2’s.
Yep - I was going to post the same thing. I’ve seen those posted on this very site and they’re sold within a day or so, if the price is reasonable. So you could just buy the tires of your choice, then sell the takeoffs.

OR

Ask the selling Dealer if they would just swap in tires of your choice and credit any delta for the Cup 2’s being removed? Tell them you’ll seal the deal if they do that…. Never hurts to ask.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I would say get the Mach. I have a GT PP and while I love it, the Tremec and extra 20 HP would be very nice. That said, my GT is more than enough for me since I only cruise on the weekends and take it on road trips. The 10 Auto is nice for that :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’m with the majority, Mach 1. Transmission and future value alone make it worthwhile. Tire are easy to swap. Either way, good luck and please post pics ASAP. :like:
Sponsored