Sponsored

Purchase dilemma

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Agreed. The dealer I worked with started playing to an "allocation" to justify an $5K ADM and have me jump on it immediately. In the end, a routine order was placed, without an ADM.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Hmm worth looking into. I'll ask again.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Is the purchase system in Canada the same as in the US? That is, can a dealer special order a car or they are restricted to how many the factory allocates to them?

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I'm wondering if that is the case.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
From the knowledge gained here (Thanks Guys!) I simply explained to him that, since there was no allocation program for the Mach 1, they 1) would not have any difficulty placing an order for what I wanted and 2) because production was not limited, they could not justify an ADM. They were also trying to twist "late availability" into "limited production".

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
" Is the purchase system in Canada the same as in the US? That is, can a dealer special order a car or they are restricted to how many the factory allocates to them? "

Touch'e. I cannot answer that.

Maybe Ford limits some models in that overseas/non-US-specific parts are made in less numbers?

Last edited:

bridge4d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not sure about the US vs Canada purchase system/process but I would be surprised if any dealer was restricted to the allotment (i.e, can't place a customer order) because it would discourage buyers. The allotment is what the dealer can order to place on their lots. Ford doesn't want any dealer trying to overload their lots under tight supplies hence the allotments. However, they do want customers ordering what they want as opposed to going to another manufacturer. They should be able to place an order for what you want. It sounds to me like they're trying to push you towards a vehicle they have, have on order and that's within their allotment because they can dictate the cost easier. The current process (in the US anyway) is the dealer has to provide a copy of your ID when submitting the order to Ford so they know it's an actual customer order and not a rogue sales manager trying to inflate their allotment. I'm going through this with an F-450 order I placed in Sept. Now, once they place the order and it's delivered, what price or markup they apply to it is a different discussion. Most dealers in my area won't even talk money until they receive the order on their lot (F-450s are being marked up $15-$20K). You can always reach out to other dealers and see who welcomes your business by placing an order for you and see if you can lock in a price at the time they place the order.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm team Magneride. Love the option and I wouldn't get a mustang without it.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Thanks for the input.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
choice is between the Mach 1 I spec'd earlier and the PP1 401a
If you haven't talked to ourisman ford in Manassas (used to be called battlefield) they have 4 mach1 on the lot. I told them about the Chapman and granger deals so they know what they are up against.

I'm about to buy a stripper ecoboost for 10pct off msrp. Man I wmiss the big incentives from before March 20.

You want to deal with [email protected]

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, before giving suggestions of US based dealers, remember that @The stang dude is based in Canada. Not sure how NAFTA affects new car sales between Canada and the US but I am sure is not as simple as US purchasers just walking into a US dealer. I vaguely remember, when it came to used cars, that there is some paper/foot work at the border. Maybe new cars are different

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Guys, before giving suggestions of US based dealers, remember that @The stang dude is based in Canada. Not sure how NAFTA affects new car sales between Canada and the US but I am sure is not as simple as US purchasers just walking into a US dealer. I vaguely remember, when it came to used cars, that there is some paper/foot work at the border. Maybe new cars are different
Not sure what if anything trade agreements would have to do with this but the question is whether or not the Mach 1 is an allocated product in Canada. Since it is not anywhere else it is sold, I doubt it. I think the dealer is either confused and/or full of shit.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what if anything trade agreements would have to do with this but the question is whether or not the Mach 1 is an allocated product in Canada. Since it is not anywhere else it is sold, I doubt it. I think the dealer is either confused and/or full of shit.
Here is a link to show how complex importing a car from the US to Canada is https://www.pcb.ca/post/importing-a-vehicle-to-canada-from-the-u-s-in-9-steps-5134

My advice to @The stang dude dude is to find a Canadian dealer who is clear as to how/when he can get a Canadian market car and is willing to deal. Not sure how Ford Canada deals with special orders, but I recall Ford only provided a finite number of Mach 1 to Europe, Australian dealers. Once those allocations are sold by the dealers, that's it, no special orders

Last edited:

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Save the 17k and put it toward a forced induction system of whatever kind you prefer. I looked for something like what I got for a couple of years before one came along at a good price, as in, the blower, water injector and pump booster were essentially free. Heckuva lot cheaper than seat upholstery.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Well folks I pulled the trigger on the 2022 Mustang GT PP1. The Mach was out of my reach. I'm not worried about the resale value and probably won't track the car. I plan to own it as long as I can and drive it often in the summer. I liked my spec. Probably doing the hood struts first. That should have been standard on a car at this price. Once I get used to it I'll move to the warranty approved cold air intake and tune. Otherwise it'll stay mainly stock. (Maybe)
Thanks everyone for all your advice. I'll be reading through all the pertinent forums. This looks like a great place for info.

Last edited:

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
We'll folks I pulled the trigger on the 2022 Mustang GT PP1. The Mach was out of my reach. I'm not worried about the resale value and probably won't track the car. I plan to own it as long as I can and drive it often in the summer. I liked my spec. Probably doing the hood struts first. That should have been standard on a car at this price. Once I get used to it I'll move to the warranty approved cold air intake and tune. Otherwise it'll stay mainly stock. (Maybe)
Thanks everyone for all your advice. I'll be reading through all the pertinent forums. This looks like a great place for info.

Best intake is stock
Sponsored