2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
As a summer toy you won't miss any options. Leather quality is poor. Can get red seats any time. Magneride is poor VS GM and others.
I find the MR to be quite good. Are you just throwing out gibberish, or do you have some factual information as to why the Ford MR is insufficient VS GM? Have you driven both?

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
So your basic question is: are red seats, magenride, and active exhaust worth 17k in YOUR CURRENCY. (Seems like the exchange rate equals out to about $14,407 in US funds.

ANSWER: NO. Buy the 2020 and save the money for Katzkins (which seem to be better quality based on member statements) Good Dampers, and a Corsa Exhaust or the like. Pocket the remaining 11-12k after that.

now, the 2022 would be 2 years newer but not with much if any improvements. But you will have to wait for it as well knowing all that entails.
The first picture is the car I wanted with the 700a interior. Then I saw it was a base interior with the handling package. Still a nice car but.....

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I replied to someone else but it posted elsewhere. Go figure.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
20220110_181234~2.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
The two on the left is what I can order new theoretically. The one on the right is the 2020 that's on the market. The two in the middle is what i would do to a PP1. The Mach 1 no changes to be done. It's perfect the way it is.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
I have driven nearly every active suspension incl Ferrari and while MR is nice it's tuned for performance elevation missing the comfort element desired for use on public roads.

If a car that I really wanted had it I would pay discounted but not full price. Rather get proactive or other active analog dampers.

I compared all Mustang suspension versions back to back on same stretch of trashed road with verified tire pressures, same day. PP1 had best calibration IMO.
That's fair. I have it on mine and think I would miss it if I didn't. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't miss it. Fortunately, I bought my GT before the heavy discounts went away.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Looks like I'm going new. Now which one. PP1 GT or Mach 1?

Sponsored
OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
$10k price difference with my spec. Like them both. Love the additional coolers for longevity. Either would work for me really. It might actually come down to $$$$

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well, we can discuss the numbers all day but by the end of it the Mach 1 is all about Mustang history. It is a special Mustang and we may never see another one. If this part of the car appeals to you and the money is available I would go for it. If itā€™s just another Mustang to you maybe a GTPP will meet your needs.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
This is the car I have had in my minds eye all along until the Mach1 came out. PP1 in sheep's clothing šŸ˜
My mustang with spoiler.png

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
The two on the left is what I can order new theoretically. The one on the right is the 2020 that's on the market. The two in the middle is what i would do to a PP1. The Mach 1 no changes to be done. It's perfect the way it is.
Looks like you've answered your own question.

I've bought a LOT of new cars in my life, and the only ones I kept for a long time are the ones that I bought new with the options that I wanted. For the rest of the cars, I either traded them in way too soon because of wishing for something else, or spent a LOT of money modding them to try to make them into what I wanted.

It's coming true again with the Mach 1 - as mentioned earlier, I'm very pleased and have no real desire to modify it other than a few little things.

One more point: Given a choice between a Mach with the handling package and base cloth interior, and a Mach without the handling package but with the 700A interior, I'd take the 700A car all day. Those heated and cooled seats are soooo comfortable, and I've driven the Mach much later in the year than I ever drove the previous Mustangs. It's relatively easy to add the HP parts later, and with you being in Canada, you won't want those Cup 2's anyway.

So my vote would be wait to find a non-HP automatic Mach 1, used or new; and if that doesn't fit your wallet, find a PP1 Premium with AE and MR.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I only done a few mods to my 20 PP2 right on of the box is PP2 pretty darn awesome. I could have gotten a Mach 1 but when I bought mine at the end 2020 couldnā€™t justify the extra 6-8k in cost over the PP2 donā€™t regret it at all.
Sponsored