Sponsored

Purchase advice and tire sizing.

Stangpop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Hello all, My 19 pp1 needs tires asap.
I was hoping to find a pair of rear pp1 wheels and run a square 275/40 indy 500 setup. I already have the 5mm spacers, but it's proving difficult to find a pair semi local.

I also considered picking up a set of new 19x10s but the ones I like are out of stock.

I don't really want to buy twice and cry twice but I definitely need tires immediately.

Which option would you choose?
Keep looking for a rear pp1 set and run the 275/40s all around. (With car parked 😭)

Squeeze a 275/40 onto the front 9" now until I find a pair of rears or a new set of 19x10s? (Although I was leaning towards 285/35 if I got those.) And the wheels say est Oct before restock.

My ideal situation would be to find a set of rear pp1's with tires that still have a couple thousand miles to push me out another month or so and decide during BF sales if I really need new wheels.

Western NC if anyone has any 😅
Thanks
Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
There is nothing wrong or hard about putting 275 40 on the 9 inch wheel.

OP
OP
Stangpop

Stangpop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
So the 275/40 should fit fine on the 9, 9.5, and the 10 without issue?(spec sheet says 👍) That seems like the route to go then. Just get the tires so I can drive some now and then figure out my next move with either the pp1 rears or new 19x10s.

Thanks

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Seems like the logical answer to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stangpop

Stangpop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Ok guys, little update. I actually found some pp1 rears with factory Michelins that have a little life left yesterday. I popped on 5mm spacers up front but I still have just a pinch of rub on the driver's side. The very bottom of the tire about 1/8th inch wide is rubbing the strut, but just barely. I feel like if I drive it a few miles it would rub enough to stop. Is that a bad idea? It rubs straight so it may more in a turn. I haven't driven it yet to see. The passenger side while close AF doesn't seem to be rubbing.

Send it and keep an eye on it or find a bigger spacer? Factory pp1 springs and struts btw.

Thanks

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ok guys, little update. I actually found some pp1 rears with factory Michelins that have a little life left yesterday. I popped on 5mm spacers up front but I still have just a pinch of rub on the driver's side. The very bottom of the tire about 1/8th inch wide is rubbing the strut, but just barely. I feel like if I drive it a few miles it would rub enough to stop. Is that a bad idea? It rubs straight so it may more in a turn. I haven't driven it yet to see. The passenger side while close AF doesn't seem to be rubbing.

Send it and keep an eye on it or find a bigger spacer? Factory pp1 springs and struts btw.

Thanks
Bad idea! I've heard that 12mm spacers minimum for putting rear wheels up front. That's what I want to do with my Bullitt (same specs as PP1 wheels). I happen to have 25MM spacers up front so I know I will be good. When putting the rear wheel up front you will also be tucked about 1-2 mm more up front which would be hardly noticeable.

OP
OP
Stangpop

Stangpop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
A final update for anyone who searches for some similar info later.

2019 PP1 non magnaride - 9.5" rear pp1 wheels will not fit up front with a 5mm slip on spacer and the factory Michelins without rubbing the strut body. I feel like with a tire that has less sidewall heft it would be ok or longer studs and an 10mm spacer to be safe would also.

For now I slapped on some 25mm bolt on adapters and now have plenty of room. Fwiw 20mm would have required trimming studs. (I hear magnaride cars have longer studs also)
This is just my experience, yours may differ due to suspension geometry/camber etc and moon phase.. 🤣

Thanks again
Sponsored