Sponsored

Stock PP1 Wheel and Tire sizing

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Stock suspension, stock wheels on PP1, will a 275/40/19 fit on the front 19x9 without any rubbing or use of spacer? Primary goal is autocross use to run the same tire sizes front and rear.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I wouldn't do it. You could, but I wouldn't, especially if you're going to be autocrossing, which puts a lot of stress on the front tires. You're better off getting a couple rear 9.5" rims (they're like $125 apiece) and putting 275s on those, in which case, you'll be able to rotate all four tires. If you do so, you'll need to run like a 5mm spacer in the front.

JR

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I wouldn't do it. You could, but I wouldn't, especially if you're going to be autocrossing, which puts a lot of stress on the front tires. You're better off getting a couple rear 9.5" rims (they're like $125 apiece) and putting 275s on those, in which case, you'll be able to rotate all four tires. If you do so, you'll need to run like a 5mm spacer in the front.

JR
I actually have two sets of PP wheels. Set that came with the car, and a set that Is currently at my friends shop waiting for the tires to be mounted. Went with the Firestone Indy 500's, and the 275/40/19 is within their wheel width specs, just want to make sure they wont rub the strut.

Not so much worried about rotating the tires(I can always have them unmounted and rotate that way)

Not the biggest fan of running a spacer either, just makes me nervous even though many run them with no issue.

More or less wanted to get an inexpensive tire to run for autox only so that I'm not tearing up the pricey Michelins.
Sponsored