Sponsored

Puddle light.. help!

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
So this.. did I bought the wrong part (because there's mirrors with different slot angles)? 😭 ...or it is defective?

1708029723850.png
Sponsored

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Can't be the other side either from the looks. is it aftermarket or from FORD?

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Can't be the other side either from the looks. is it aftermarket or from FORD?
It's ford OEM, I know there's like 3 different mirrors types (blind spot.. non blind spot.. whatever) I didn't expected the puddle light to be angled in a different way.. unless this is really defective, so before yelling at the seller, I wanted to be sure...

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Could it just be the angle you have it installed at? Like adjust left or right to get the pony to center on the ground. It seems like that could be it based on your picture. I've never taken these out, but an aftermarket set i had in my 2014 years ago i had to spin it until i was happy with the placement on the ground before i secured it. Unsure its the same as OEM, but just throwing it out there for ya.

Sponsored

ralph7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2000 GMC 1500, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
No ass light meant for the non v8 cars. :crackup:

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Could it just be the angle you have it installed at? Like adjust left or right to get the pony to center on the ground. It seems like that could be it based on your picture. I've never taken these out, but an aftermarket set i had in my 2014 years ago i had to spin it until i was happy with the placement on the ground before i secured it. Unsure its the same as OEM, but just throwing it out there for ya.
the OEM ones snap into place and are fixed alignment

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Nope, as already said.. you can't rotate it, it just snap in.

Dler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
So this.. did I bought the wrong part (because there's mirrors with different slot angles)? 😭 ...or it is defective?

1708029723850.png
I know the aftermarket ones have an adjustment tool to readjust the logo. pimpmyev.com makes them for my Mach 1 and the install video shows how to adjust the logo……not sure if it’s the same on the OEM

Sponsored
OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Yes i know, there's two gaps in the aftermarket ones who let you rotate the internal lamp.. it's not the case with the OEM ones (like this), and they are sealed, unless you break it there's no way to "mess" with the internal components.
However apparently it looks like it is faulty, the vendor agreed to refund me.
But now the problem raises again, there's like 6 different codes for this puddle lamp, and I'm getting confused of which one will fit mine: Bullitt (EU) with heated mirrors (no blind spot signal) and power closing (or whatever it's called the electric closing feature).
I don't want to buy another one, to find that the previous one wasn't faulty after all (whenever I've got the refund) but the wrong part.

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC

1708029723850.png
Mine looks the same. Can't be adjusted. It's a China knockoff pretty sure.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
If they "cloned" it, they did it pretty well, it's identical to the the original one, i mean same (external) materials, it does even have the Ford QR code applied on it, and the horse (despite the wrong rotation) is just perfect like the OEM one (compared with the one on the other side). I deffo don't think it's a "china fake part"... but you never know these days.
Yours was apparently identical to the OEM part?
Sponsored