Sponsored

Procharger issue

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Vibration towards the drivers side. I have done just about everything i can think of and im ready to give up. I am having a vibration/bog noise that i can't seem to find out what it is.

tensioner has been replaced, i upgraded to an ati balancer, with ati crank pulley, i upgraded oil pump gears and crank sprocket since i was already switching all that out. The head unit has been checked by procharger and they said its fine. Oil has been changed on the head unit, engine and spark plugs are new as well. It happened when i started installing my boost gauge. The shop tapped into the passenger side fuse box in the interior. Any ideas or clues? The shop installed all those items i stated except the tensioner which was myself. Im lost...
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Do you have a way to record and share whatever you are experiencing?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Wait, it only happens when you're moving? Have you inspected engine movement, drive train, etc? You said it's a vibration and only when you drive, I'd start there.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Wait, it only happens when you're moving? Have you inspected engine movement, drive train, etc? You said it's a vibration and only when you drive, I'd start there.[/QUOTE

Here it is, hard to feel and well maybe motor mounts? I doubt it, wouldn't my header install need to have engine mounts loosened and retightened? I don't know if its the wheels either, i have a set that are brand new, i'll put them on and see if it continues

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Hard to distinguish on the video, you were right about that. Car sounds good though. Yes, your engine mounts would have been removed for the header install. Do you have clearance on the passenger side frame rail/ac line and the header?

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I would be most suspicious of a motor mount or header clearance issue. I’ve done several header installs on these cars and there’s several places they could rub or make contact

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Hard to distinguish on the video, you were right about that. Car sounds good though. Yes, your engine mounts would have been removed for the header install. Do you have clearance on the passenger side frame rail/ac line and the header?
i will take a look at it in a little and see on both sides, the headers were installed by a shop and the problem was still going on before and after, i'll check them and see if possibly messed up.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I would be most suspicious of a motor mount or header clearance issue. I’ve done several header installs on these cars and there’s several places they could rub or make contact
I will check headers as well to see if rubbing or anything and post a picture

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
mounts are tight and fine, the headers aren't touching anything either, any other suggestions?

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
mounts are tight and fine, the headers aren't touching anything either, any other suggestions?
Zero disrespect, but if you hire shops to do your installs.. I'd maybe hire of one them to evaluate the car and the safety of it.

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Zero disrespect, but if you hire shops to do your installs.. I'd maybe hire of one them to evaluate the car and the safety of it.
well problem is i have zero to no time to head over to the shop to get it checked due to working at home and thats why i can check the vehicle myself. I am going to take it in when i have time and see if he has suggestions.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
After watching the video, Id say this thread needs a new title.

Cause that sounds like its 100% in the driveline, or a suspension part.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I will attempt, take in mind im on headers so it may be difficult. Only ahppens when i drive
Bent wheel? Separated belt in a tire? Driveshaft issue? Wheel bearing? Does it change with engine speed, or vehicle speed? Try going into neutral while the car is moving down the road and see of the noise changes or stays constant

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Or are you talking about the clunk noise right at the end of the video?
Sponsored