Procharger - Having to Adjust

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Finally getting the data logging finalized and was given the OK to do a WOT. My set up is:

Stage II with 4.75" pulley
ID1050X injectors
Thermal R&D axle back
PBD remote tune

As expected the lower rev band is like stock, i.e. predictable and easy to drive. Once you hit around 4,500 rpm, it turns loose and pulls very hard. With the A10, you can be in boost in about 1 second at just about any speed or rpm.

Going to take some time to adjust to the new set up since I have driven this car for the past 2 years basically stock.

What surprised me was I did one WOT, starting from 45 mph, was very cool at about 48 degrees ambient. I have Firestone Indy 500, 255/40/19's with excellent tread.

Rear end broke loose when I hit it. Holy smokes, are you kidding?

Looks like more and stickier rubber is in my future.
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Finally getting the data logging finalized and was given the OK to do a WOT. My set up is:

ID1050X injectors
Thermal R&D axle back
PBD remote tune

As expected the lower rev band is like stock, i.e. predictable and easy to drive. Once you hit around 4,500 rpm, it turns loose and pulls very hard. With the A10, you can be in boost in about 1 second at just about any speed or rpm.

Going to take some time to adjust to the new set up since I have driven this car for the past 2 years basically stock.

What surprised me was I did one WOT, starting from 45 mph, was very cool at about 48 degrees ambient. I have Firestone Indy 500, 255/40/19's with excellent tread.

What head unit are you running? That detail makes a difference. Seriously, be careful when in automatic mode, downshifts are quick and you got some good power. On the street, im always in manual mode if i plan to get on the throttle. You may or may not have noticed on your data logs, but from WOT the throttle blade does not close as the same time you let off the pedal....

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the P1X.

Like everything you adapt and adjust.

Going from 400 hp from the factory to roughly 600 at the wheels is a big difference.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not sure why I would pulley down. Just getting started.

Sponsored

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No problemo'

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
How much timing are you seeing? When I first started I was only getting 13-14 deg on our terrible 91 octane here in Az. Now with the methanol I'm seeing 19ish and it's a HUGE difference. Agreed that when you leave the car in manual mode and mash it and it drops to 4th gear the car can be a handful on street tires. It's fun, but you have to be ready for it!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Get a set of Mickey thompson street ss’s 285’s or 305’s when it gets warm again. They’ll dead hook from a dig at your hp rating..later on look into a stall speed converter. They work well with centrifical Sc’s..

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Your riding on a pizza cutter and not even a good one. On 255s my car would break loose on a 45-50 roll stock. But really pulley down. You can start making boost a lot sooner

Sponsored
OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm already looking at wheels and tires to keep me out of the ditch.

I'm not sure how much pulley down I can go before I need to upgrade the fuel system. I understand up to around 650 whp I should be OK, but pushing 700 it's time to look at fueling alternatives.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at 750 whp now on my D1x with just a bap, but I already have a Fore double pump Walbro fuel system that will be installed in the spring. I have no issue with fuel but I'm gonna drop from a current 4.88 pulley to a 4.50......

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I know I'm new to about 600 whp, and I know I sound like a newbie, but I it's hard to imagine 750+ whp on the street.

600 gets me from 60 - 140 really quick.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning

ID1050X injectors
Thermal R&D axle back
PBD remote tune

Sounds like you need some stickier tires my friend. Mickey Thompson https://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/tires/mickey-thompson/et-street-s-s

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know I'm new to about 600 whp, and I know I sound like a newbie, but I it's hard to imagine 750+ whp on the street.

600 gets me from 60 - 140 really quick.
its fun and a few tweaks and i’m at 850whp..just a pulley and fuel...easy..
Sponsored