Sponsored

Procharger Crank Support:?

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Stage 2 crank pulley for 15-17 cars is 8in., For 18up is 7.65in.
So how are people only seeing 13psi with a 4.25 or 4.13 pulley? I saw 14psi with a 4.38 and I have a 7.65 crank pulley. When talking to Jon Lund Jr while trouble shooting my fuel delivery issues he was pretty sure I was seeing 15-16psi based on the logs and a 4.38 pulley at 7500. I figured I was around 11-12psi but after really paying attention to the boost gauge it was every bit of 14psi.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Restriction = boost. Gen 2 heads flow more if you have stock gen 1 top end typical you would see more indicated boost. Plus it’s also dependent on weather, also cam swings

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
So how are people only seeing 13psi with a 4.25 or 4.13 pulley? I saw 14psi with a 4.38 and I have a 7.65 crank pulley. When talking to Jon Lund Jr while trouble shooting my fuel delivery issues he was pretty sure I was seeing 15-16psi based on the logs and a 4.38 pulley at 7500. I figured I was around 11-12psi but after really paying attention to the boost gauge it was every bit of 14psi.
I need more info. What engine, mods, head unit?

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Restriction = boost. Gen 2 heads flow more if you have stock gen 1 top end typical you would see more indicated boost. Plus it’s also dependent on weather, also cam swings
I get all that, Gen 2 heads flow 5% more TMK and we’re talking April in S.FL

I need more info. What engine, mods, head unit?
gen1, D1, ported Boss , kooks shorties, ORX.

Are people logging boost or guessing? I know I didn’t spend much time staring at the boost gauge at 7500rpm and it was surprising when I forced myself to watch it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I get all that, Gen 2 heads flow 5% more TMK and we’re talking April in S.FL

gen1, D1, ported Boss , kooks shorties, ORX.

Are people logging boost or guessing? I know I didn’t spend much time staring at the boost gauge at 7500rpm and it was surprising when I forced myself to watch it.
I dont put too much thought into boost pressure. If there is no belt slip, im just concerned about output. Dont get caught up with comparing boost with other combos. Barometric pressure, water grains and other variables will swing that number.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
About to pull the trigger on the new crank support. Anyone jumping on this? I really want peace of mind and I'm about to max out my P1X on my 18.
Hi. I was questioning the crank longevity, reliability on cars using high loads on the end of the crank pulley. To me this is a must for any high output applications.
My Concern is, Is this new Crank End Support Bearing Assembly engineered to be perfectly centered with the crank to take into considerations the Crank hydrodynamic Lubrication (Crank and Main Babbitt Bearing oil separation clearance during operation). The 5.0 engine crank will float ever so slightly between the main babbitt bearings. The Crank support bearing I guess is a roller bearing which has a finite fit with little to no variation in movement except for the roller bearing normal play. Will this interfere with the crank main Babbitt hydrodynamic Lubrication Seperation.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Hi. I was questioning the crank longevity, reliability on cars using high loads on the end of the crank pulley. To me this is a must for any high output applications.
My Concern is, Is this new Crank End Support Bearing Assembly engineered to be perfectly centered with the crank to take into considerations the Crank hydrodynamic Lubrication (Crank and Main Babbitt Bearing oil separation clearance during operation). The 5.0 engine crank will float ever so slightly between the main babbitt bearings. The Crank support bearing I guess is a roller bearing which has a finite fit with little to no variation in movement except for the roller bearing normal play. Will this interfere with the crank main Babbitt hydrodynamic Lubrication Seperation.
Really? LOL

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Your crank snout will be fine, but you'll spin all your mains. It's a trade off.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I just wish I could keep my front sway bar. I'd have already bought it if I could.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Will this be beneficial if I have a H/O kit (non stage 2) with a stock crank pulley?
Not really. You have the least chance of anything going wrong. If you start running a trans brake or a 2step then yes but other wise you are pretty safe