Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You’re saying that without a thermostat the water is not in the radiator long enough to cool. but with or without a thermostat it will have the same amount of time once the thermostat is open. So if the cooling system is adequate then the thermostat is only going to keep the engine up to temperature. So if you remove it the temperature will be lower.
I have ran mine without a thermostat and I can tell you that it definitely runs cooler
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You’re saying that without a thermostat the water is not in the radiator long enough to cool. but with or without a thermostat it will have the same amount of time once the thermostat is open. So if the cooling system is adequate then the thermostat is only going to keep the engine up to temperature. So if you remove it the temperature will be lower.
I have ran mine without a thermostat and I can tell you that it definitely runs cooler
Who is on first, What is on second?

No thermostat = car runs cold

Thermostat stuck closed = car overheats

All things being equal of course. Assuming normal engine operation.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
2014 procharged mustang gt
Okay so last night i decided to pull the exhaust and check the cats. the passenger cat looked to be in bad shape so I thought I found my problem. I gutted them both and reinstalled the exhaust and the car is doing the exact same thing. still getting way to hot. i feel like im running out of options with this issue.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
I have had this problem and it is all about air flow you’re fans do not move enough air to keep it cool. They are only good at idle or close to it so you need air flow. First is the radiator fans tuned to match the thermostat. Second and most important are all the air dam and deflectors in place? I’ll bet you that there’s a few missing. Get them back on the car and you will be fine. This normally happens when someone removes the air dam under the radiator or on top of it so the air goes under the radiator or over instead of through it

I have the spal fan and shroud that came with the procharger kit. It is rated at 1900cfm i believe. Do you think this is inadequate to keep the car cool. Even at idle the cylinder head temps will get over 210 degrees. And yes the fan is running on high

I Will check the air dam deflectors today and see if there all still in place.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have the spal fan and shroud that came with the procharger kit. It is rated at 1900cfm i believe. Do you think this is inadequate to keep the car cool. Even at idle the cylinder head temps will get over 210 degrees. And yes the fan is running on high

I Will check the air dam deflectors today and see if there all still in place.
1900cfm is not enough. You need closer to 3000cfm or more. If The air dams are in place the air through the radiator at 55mph is around 8000cfm. You are not getting enough airflow.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ether your air dams are missing or your radiator/intercooler are plugged up

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
1900cfm is not enough. You need closer to 3000cfm or more. If The air dams are in place the air through the radiator at 55mph is around 8000cfm. You are not getting enough airflow.

Is there a better 16inch fan?
From the searching I did they all seem to be in the 2000cfm area.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
Ether your air dams are missing or your radiator/intercooler are plugged up

Radiator is brand new. I will for sure check the air dams and intercooler today. Thanks for the suggestions

Sponsored