Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
2014 procharged mustang gt
Where are those promised pics?
Here are some pictures of the engine bay. Please excuse the filthy engine lol. The yellow and blue wires go to the autometer coolant temp gauge that I installed for testing purposes.
20210924_143721.jpg
20210924_143716.jpg
20210924_143726.jpg
20210924_143713.jpg
20210924_143702.jpg
20210924_143650.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
any coolant coming out of the overflow tank? Have you replaced the cap? Maybe it isnt holding system pressure.

I have replaced the cap twice. And the only time it overflowed was when I had straight water in there and it got over boiling point.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
What tune is on the car? Have you checked the spark plugs? For all you know you are running lean

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
What tune is on the car? Have you checked the spark plugs? For all you know you are running lean
Plugs have been checked. They looked good.

Car was tuned by a shop in town before i bought it. But the shop in no longer in business.

If the afr gauge on the dash/screen in accurate then it's definitely not lean. Out of boost it's around 14.5 in boost it's 11.5

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Plugs have been checked. They looked good.

Car was tuned by a shop in town before i bought it. But the shop in no longer in business.

If the afr gauge on the dash/screen in accurate then it's definitely not lean. Out of boost it's around 14.5 in boost it's 11.5
As a last option you should get the tune checked

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
Well I have been driving the car for the last week since it's cooled off in vegas. I can say with 100% certainly that the weather has a huge impact on how hot the car will get. Yesterday was 88 degrees on my way home and the car only got to 215 cylinder head temp.

I have no idea what that means. And I will be having the tune looked at next

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Have you tried cracking the radiator cap when its hot to see if it’s building pressure? Obviously don’t rip the cap off and burn your self.

Ive had cheap radiators have this problem where the cap would not seal. This being a surge tank you wouldn’t see any coolant leaking from the cap, just a loss of pressure.

If you pressure test it may not show up if the pressure tester cap has a thicker seal etc.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
It still isn't right. The ambient temp is not the cause, but a symptom. No way it;s normal.

There are a ton of mustangs in vegas.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried cracking the radiator cap when its hot to see if it’s building pressure? Obviously don’t rip the cap off and burn your self.

Ive had cheap radiators have this problem where the cap would not seal. This being a surge tank you wouldn’t see any coolant leaking from the cap, just a loss of pressure.

If you pressure test it may not show up if the pressure tester cap has a thicker seal etc.
I have tried this and the cap is definitely holding pressure.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
It still isn't right. The ambient temp is not the cause, but a symptom. No way it;s normal.

There are a ton of mustangs in vegas.
I 100% agree there is still an issue. But I have yet to figure it out. And I find it very strange that the ambient temperature has this big of an affect on the car.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Is that hose pinched from the radiator to degas tank? It looks like its pinched between the blower bracket.

I just looked at my old engine pics and i had the on the opposite barbs on the tank. It shouldn’t matter as long as its not pinched

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
Is that hose pinched from the radiator to degas tank? It looks like its pinched between the blower bracket.

I just looked at my old engine pics and i had the on the opposite barbs on the tank. It shouldn’t matter as long as its not pinched
It's not pinched. It fits on the side of the bracket. It does look pinched in the pictures but i went and checked just to make sure.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
move air intake?
pullling air from above exhaust headers in stop n go driving is not going to work.
Insulate the exhaust headers like 2x if you have to run it like that?
Sponsored