Problems with Steeda

Kurt in VT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota 4Runner
I’ll preface this by saying that I completely understand how bad supply and staffing issues are at the moment, but that still isn’t an excuse to charge a customer for product then blow off his request for an update on shipping.

On August 20, I ordered a set of jacking rails for my 2021 GT Premium fastback. At no point do I recall seeing that the product was out of stock, so a week later I emailed Steeda for an update, and got no reply until I solicited TJ’s help via the forum. Then, Phil got back to me to say the parts were in production and were expected to ship during the first week in September.

That was nearly three weeks ago. Last week, I emailed Phil directly looking for an update, and never received a reply. This weekend, I contacted TJ via the forum, and still haven’t heard from him. Yesterday, I called Steeda and got transferEd between customer service and sales, and guess what they told me? Yep, my rails are in production and are expected to ship next week. I seriously doubt it, as the follow up email from Sales (Phil, again) never arrived. In other words, I’ll be told “next week” until I stop calling, or by some miracle my parts actually ship. The old “free beer tomorrow“ gag.

It‘s likely that I’ll have to work through my credit card company to dispute the charges, but at the end of the day, it isn’t about the money or the delay in shipping - it’s about how you treat customers.

Before ordering anything from Steeda, my advice is to make certain the parts are in stock, or be prepared for an indefinite wait, and indifferent customer service.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt in VT

Kurt in VT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota 4Runner
Update: After posting this yesterday, I received an email from Phil. This morning I received a shipment notification, so fingers crossed.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve had positive experiences with them too and I’ve placed several orders in the last year. I had to wait a few weeks for a Ford Performance Oil Separator, but they did tell me that up front. Hopefully you’ll have your jacking rails in a few days.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I apologize I did not respond - I get a lot of messages & requests through this forum & other forums, emails, etc.

We would never "blow you off" we take customer service very seriously & apologize for the experience you have had thus far.

I can't put it out there enough but if there is ever a concern, please email me at Tim at Steeda

I always have my phone near me so I can respond much quicker.

Glad Phil was able to get it taken care of - please let me know if I can help assist further.

Thank you.

TJ