Sponsored

Pro Cup 2 Advice - Low Temp Driving

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I wouldn't risk it, think about how pissed you'd be if you got into an accident bc of that??
100 miles is a no brainer to just have it flatbed towed to your place.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'll add because some of the posts are interesting... I have plenty of time driving from / to events in 200TW "racing" tires in just below freezing temps. As long as it's dry, they will be absolutely fine. Once they get little heat in from driving, they will grip well.

Zero reason to be afraid or "flatbed" the car.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insight. I want to have my new wheels on hand, but I also don’t want to be stuck with them if this deal falls through for any reason. I’ve been down this road before where I bought a bunch of parts for a car I didn’t have. It showed up with a gigantic gash down the side, and a bunch of mechanical issues that the dealer never could fix. That was 20 years ago, but once bitten, twice shy. I’ll definitely wait for a dry day.
AW the old learn by doing, yikes....... but it still can be said did learn.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP

Sponsored

OP
OP
cjs229

cjs229

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Also I gotta say Chapman is great! I ordered my PP2 from them and the process was flawless. If they still offer the wheel and tire protection through Allstate, get it. I got the one with accidental damage meaning if I curb a wheel they repair or replace it for free. I've had 3 punctures and got a free new tire every time and mount and balance and labor is included. Also when you replace the tires, the new ones are covered. Even if you get a different model or brand all together, as long as they are OEM tire size they are covered. The package I got was for 7 years of protection. Also it is honored at any dealership.

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I just drove my new Mach 1 HP 250 miles home in 40 degree weather. Keep in mind there is a big difference between sitting at these temperatures, cold soaking, and continously driving which maintains a high tire temperature.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Drove my gt350 home from central pa purchase (3 hour drive) on psc2 in part snow. No issues but was careful.

499F2D15-F8A4-4E9F-944D-B82342D346A8.jpeg

That is a GREAT shot, must post that picture, of the month. :champagne:

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I'm bored waiting for an appointment, so I want to bring up that it hasn't been pointed out yet that we're all talking about the Sport Cup 2's, yet OP is asking about Pro Cup 2's...

That's all. Cheers!

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
You will be fine, just be chill. I drove my new Boss home in about 1” of snow and it was fine. Just take it easy.

OP
OP
cjs229

cjs229

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
My apologies, I guess I am talking about the handling package stock tires, the Sport Cup 2. I think I mixed my tire titles there.

Last edited:

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
No big deal with uhaul trailer. Here is my GT500 cruising from PA through Virginia. Tell the dealer to leave the fronter splitter off and the travel spacers in the front wheels and there are no issues loading.
Uhaul_GT500.jpg

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
so we are hitting our first sub 40F this weekend hopefully the last as well. AS far as long term parking, any issues being on the ground under 40F? I do not have a garage, only carport and car cover

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
so we are hitting our first sub 40F this weekend hopefully the last as well. AS far as long term parking, any issues being on the ground under 40F? I do not have a garage, only carport and car cover
Copied from Michelin and this is their advice. Interpretation is at owner’s discretion.

WARNING: Pilot Sport Cup 2 radials meet DOT requirements; however, they are not recommended for driving in wet conditions where standing water is present and there is the risk of hydroplaning; drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds if they encounter these conditions. This is especially true of shaved or worn tires. And like other Streetable Track & Competition tires, these tires are not intended to be stored, serviced nor driven in near- or below freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.
Sponsored