Prices are on the rise......

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
1 k miles is not driving it.

Car shows? The R was built and intended for the track.
Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Sorta glad my tired old warhorse (well, mule really) ain't anything special. Going to keep flogging the poor thing and letting it breath free on the track, as intended.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
1 k miles is not driving it.

Car shows? The R was built and intended for the track.
1k miles... technically speaking it is driving it. This is a 2020 car. Not a 1965.

Yes car shows. It's a cool car and fairly rare (not seen another R at any shows in Louisville area). People typically take cool cars at car shows for future reference.

Yes the car was designed to be a track car, but it's also still a road car, and many of us will never track these cars. It's on my list of things to do one day with the car, but it is not a mandatory thing if you buy this car. If you solely track your R and never drive it on the street or take it to car shows, who I am or any anyone else to judge you for not doing that?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
If I had $1.1 million to spend I would buy a Ford GT. That car has doubled in value. The GT350R HE has also doubled in value, but in my opinion it is not worth double the MSRP. The HE is nothing but a cosmetic upgrade. If there were performance upgrades included then I’d be on board. As it stands now, if I had instead $1.3 million to spend, the additional $200,000 would not be for heritage edition.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
1k miles... technically speaking it is driving it. This is a 2020 car. Not a 1965.

Yes car shows. It's a cool car and fairly rare (not seen another R at any shows in Louisville area). People typically take cool cars at car shows for future reference.

Yes the car was designed to be a track car, but it's also still a road car, and many of us will never track these cars. It's on my list of things to do one day with the car, but it is not a mandatory thing if you buy this car. If you solely track your R and never drive it on the street or take it to car shows, who I am or any anyone else to judge you for not doing that?
While I agree with your statement, I don’t agree with why you are arguing it out with people who will argue for the sake of arguing.

What one does with his possessions or money is one’s right. Another looking on one and saying, “well that isn’t right,” really needs to assess his/her own house of cards.

Don’t play into this crap…

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
One of my buddies (has the orange NSX I have posted pictures of with my car) has a neighbor with 2 Ford GTs- an 05 and I believe a 17

The 17 has 47K miles on it
The 05 has over 150K miles on it

If he is not worried about ruining his supercars- I am not worried about ruining my GT350R : )

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
If a car is collectable, then it's collectable no matter if it has miles on it or not, assuming you take care of it. If you have a R, drive it and enjoy it. The record breaking car had almost 1k miles. I would hope the new owner would drive it some since it is a used car. But it being low mileage and given what he just paid for it I would assume he will try to keep the mileage down. The only R's that probably shouldn't get driven are wrapper cars, which will always bring in the highest premiums (sad for the cars but it is what it is).

Mine's in winter storage right now, but once spring hits I probably take her out 1 to 2 times per week. Do some car shows, go out to dinner, and of course do some spirited driving on some open roads.

As the 2015's and Hep R cars continue to rise in value, the rest of the R's will slowly trail behind. If you take good care of the car it will be worth way more money than what you paid for it down the road. So go out and drive her! Whether it's once a day, once a week, once a month. Doesn't matter. Just enjoy it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-dodge-viper-acr-gtc-2/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-ford-gt-59/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-convertible/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-shelby-mustang-gt350-5/

What do all these cars have in common?
Thanks for the advice. Good post and point taken

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Its 2022. 1 k miles....

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Insurance only goes so far. You can't replace some of these vehicles.

So whats the premium for an agreed upon value of 180k?
Happy to share my Hagerty experience privately for anyone that is interested. I wasn't able to insure mine to 180K - since like I said in my earlier post I have 6K miles on it. Yes, it would be almost impossible to replace but I'm still going to drive it just less now that I have the new Civic Hatchback. Appreciate all of the advice from the forum. Never been in a position before where my car appreciated in value so it's all new to me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Happy to share my Hagerty experience privately for anyone that is interested. I wasn't able to insure mine to 180K - since like I said in my earlier post I have 6K miles on it. Yes, it would be almost impossible to replace but I'm still going to drive it just less now that I have the new Civic Hatchback. Appreciate all of the advice from the forum. Never been in a position before where my car appreciated in value so it's all new to me.
(Generically speaking and not necessarily directing this post to you)

If you are the type who never plans to sell, by all means drive it. In fact, folks should use it as it was intended based upon the heritage behind it, track driving. The idea of the car was to celebrate the heritage of the GT350. That history was based upon Caroll Shelby taking a mustang and reinventing it to a winning track car. Did they have car shows back then?

As I explained in the PM you sent, I track my cars. My previous go to track car was my triple yellow GT350R. I had a lot of fun with that car, but even it had its limits running at my home track Daytona. I recall telling Billy Johnson before we went out one time that the car was fully insured (meaning drive it like you stole it).

Today I favor the GT500 CFTP. It's faster and more suited for a track like Daytona. My only issue with the car is that it is heavy. It's a shame there isn't more money in the bank and more room in the garage, because a GT4 would probably be my first choice.

Anyway, if you don't care about the value and driving is your thing, I would do just that. If someone had one of these HEP Rs and are looking at it as an investment, I would probably sell and do so soon. The rule of thumb is that when the economy tanks, the first things to go are toys. With all the crap that is going on in the world right now and the perception that we are due for a correction, I would probably cash out.

For me? I don't have any intention to ever sell my cars.

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its 2022. 1 k miles....
Yes. 1k in 2 years. That's 15k in 30 years. 30k in 60 years. That is driving it. May not be driving it a lot, but it's being driven. Just wondering... did you graduate high school?

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I agree with your statement, I don’t agree with why you are arguing it out with people who will argue for the sake of arguing.

What one does with his possessions or money is one’s right. Another looking on one and saying, “well that isn’t right,” really needs to assess his/her own house of cards.

Don’t play into this crap…
I know... I need to be better about letting the dumb shit go. Work in progress.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes. 1k in 2 years. That's 15k in 30 years. 30k in 60 years. That is driving it. May not be driving it a lot, but it's being driven. Just wondering... did you graduate high school?
There is no need for insults. I was making an observation. To me, and sorry it offends you, but that is not driving it...... especially when most of those miles are to/from car shows.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If I had $1.1 million to spend I would buy a Ford GT. That car has doubled in value. The GT350R HE has also doubled in value, but in my opinion it is not worth double the MSRP. The HE is nothing but a cosmetic upgrade. If there were performance upgrades included then I’d be on board. As it stands now, if I had instead $1.3 million to spend, the additional $200,000 would not be for heritage edition.
Agree - and they made a lot of them, compared to any other single year (and in some cases multi-year) color combos. They missed the boat - if they would have given it an extra 20hp...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I know... I need to be better about letting the dumb shit go. Work in progress.
Take a lesson from the above exchange… one owner says he would be happy to discuss his Hagerty experience privately. Why he would offer to do so is his biz, but with who he’s offering to discuss it with is questionable.

A few posts later and you see the person he was discussing it with has now decided to put some of the PM in his post. Trivial… and now you’ve apparently insulted him. Smh

As Proverbs 20:3 says, “It is honorable for a man to resolve a dispute, but any fool can get himself into a quarrel.” Let it go…
Sponsored