Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I think he's going to wake up tomorrow after sleeping the buzz off and think OMG, what have I done.

An idiot if you ask me.
Probably has enough money that it would be like one of us spending 100 bucks. Totally stupid :)
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Whether the new owner has a big fat back account or a small bank account, whether he/she purchased this car for the pure passion and enjoyment of this outstanding vehicle or looking for a long term investment, I have a difficult time understanding why you and other members label these individuals as fools and indiots?

Curious as to why you and others are so concerned about what other people do with their money whether it is hard earned or come by in another fashion?
I believe what you are seeing is not that people care what this one person did but, as it relates to the subject of this forum. One sale is fairly meaningless, an outlier. Not many wrapper cars in this group.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I believe what you are seeing is not that people care what this one person did but, as it relates to the subject of this forum. One sale is fairly meaningless, an outlier. Not many wrapper cars in this group.
If the rumor is true, this would be the 2nd highest price for a 2020 HEPR. It would not be an outlier.

The new owner is probably reading these posts and laughing his arse off in Dubai.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
If the rumor is true, this would be the 2nd highest price for a 2020 HEPR. It would not be an outlier.

The new owner is probably reading these posts and laughing his arse off in Dubai.
Maybe not an outlier for a wrapper car. How many do that?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe not an outlier for a wrapper car. How many do that?
How many cars do what they do in this current climate? This isn’t the only spastic value fluctuations… it’s happening across the board.

There’s a RAV4 with a $40k ADM on a separate thread. Right now, the market is causing a lot of crazy to come out. This sale, though, I can’t say it’s an outlier when 2020 R’s are doing all kinds of stuff, and a 2015 R went for what it did.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Has anyone seen the comments posted on that BaT thread? Many of the same people who are on here.........

Interesting comments from people with no interest in buying the car. Im going to have a closer look and revisit this after I go over it all.

May I ask was any of those people in contact with the potential buyers during the auction?

Very very interesting.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Whether the new owner has a big fat back account or a small bank account, whether he/she purchased this car for the pure passion and enjoyment of this outstanding vehicle or looking for a long term investment, I have a difficult time understanding why you and other members label these individuals as fools and indiots?

Curious as to why you and others are so concerned about what other people do with their money whether it is hard earned or come by in another fashion?
Has anyone seen the comments posted on that BaT thread? Many of the same people who are on here.........

Interesting comments from people with no interest in buying the car. Im going to have a closer look and revisit this after I go over it all.

May I ask was any of those people in contact with the potential buyers during the auction?

Very very interesting.

I looked at this car - 7k-Mile 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $209,000 on September 28, 2021 (Lot #56,159) | Bring a Trailer - a benchmark sale not long ago for a 997 GT3. Much of the comments and sentiment feel really familiar there. Some people exclaming how all the prices are now up (due this one sale) and others snarkily stating - Congrats....to the SELLER! ;).

Everything is definitely up still...and I agree with Tom that there's a bubble to burst - BUT some of the values of these unique cars will also be somewhat bolstered by the coincidental timing of electrification (coincidental to pandemic). I do think that they will get pulled down with the rest of the market, though..just a smaller percentage than the average SUV.

This - Is like bench racing. You can say what you think will happen but who really knows for sure?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Very very interesting.
As you know in some cases consignors do not always provide correct information based on the vehicle that they are selling/consigning therefore it is great that some of these details get corrected by some very well informed members from our forum.

With respect to posting comments on any BaT thread, I did not know that it was a prerequisite whereby only potential/interested buyers could either ask questions or make informed comments?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Why can’t we all just be happy for the dude in that he got a sweet ride. The fact that it hammered for what it did is a bonus to us.
Numerous months ago I was contacted a number of times by a small live auction house asking me to consign my 2018 Base R after which time I finally relented with that live auction taking place this past weekend.

As another example of where the present market is for our R models my car bid up to $95,000 and when including the buyers fee JR157 would have sold for just over $100,000 had I lifted my reserve.

This is the market that we have been in for some time and are still presently in and for some to suggest that us consignors and/or purchasers are idiots and stupid based on present day pricing certainly is disappointing to say the least.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Numerous months ago I was contacted a number of times by a small live auction house asking me to consign my 2018 Base R after which time I finally relented with that live auction taking place this past weekend.

As another example of where the present market is for our R models my car bid up to $95,000 and when including the buyers fee JR157 would have sold for just over $100,000 had I lifted my reserve.

This is the market that we have been in for some time and are still presently in and for some to suggest that us consignors and/or purchasers are idiots and stupid based on present day pricing certainly is disappointing to say the least.
Sweet to see your 18 Base R get that kind of respect. The market may fluctuate but we’re in virgin territory with the current state of America.

Supply chain issues, performance cars are being targeted by the current admin, anxious and aggressive buyers, cars that likely won’t ever be made again (GT350 FPC w/manual), electric cars on the horizon… it’s a nuts world right now. There’s tons of factors involved and saying it’s simply a bubble is terribly shallow judging this market.

The forecast is bleak for HP manual cars…

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There’s tons of factors involved and saying it’s simply a bubble is terribly shallow judging this market.
I agreed with you right up to this point. It is a bubble and it is propagated by the supply chain issues which is where we are at today.

As stated, we will see.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268

Very very interesting.
Well, I won’t be hard to find… I was using my same handle on BaT. I did make one offer to the seller…. to post a driving video (probably the most common request on every gt350 auction on that platform and with 6 miles on the car….. )

Anyway, I saw many other familiar handles over there and thought it was great fun to watch the action. Go HEP R Go! More fun than watching my Chicago Bears…… they are aweful.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
2015 GT350 up on bring a trailer now.....should be interesting ......
I saw that one too. Tech pack car. I would imagine if I were able to ever afford a 15 it would be a tech pack car….. let’s see where this one lands!

Care to have a guess? It’s already at $60k with a week to go. Heading north of a 100?