2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Really pretty car. They’ve always got some really nice cars. They’ve been bidd’n on stuff quite a bit on BAT lately as well
Yeah they always have good stuff. The grabber yellow 500 is gorgeous too.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
The Mach 1 may share the same fate of depreciation as the Bullitt, whereas the M1 is farther from a GT than the Bullitt. But both are somewhat tricked out GTs. The Shelbys are the only specialty Mustangs that may somewhat retain value. Could bite myself for getting a Bullitt 2 years ago instead of a GT350.
Sounds like a fair assessment of these cars. We liked our Bullitt. Its a good daily, & had the attributes of 1. I would prefer that our Shelby be badgeless as well. Not enuff to remove them though. I Myself, would rather own the Bullitt than the 350 for DD. We all do diff things w/diff cars we own. Its always gonna be opinion vs opinion.

Its a small bonus that they only made two MY's of your McQueen tribute car.
How many did they make all together... vs how many GT500's in 3yrs.
Im just to lazy to look for the answer right now, but probably both under 10k units, yes?

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Sounds like a fair assessment of these cars. We liked our Bullitt. Its a good daily, & had the attributes of 1. I would prefer that our Shelby be badgeless as well. Not enuff to remove them though. I Myself, would rather own the Bullitt than the 350 for DD. We all do diff things w/diff cars we own. Its always gonna be opinion vs opinion.

Its a small bonus that they only made two MY's of your McQueen tribute car.
How many did they make all together... vs how many GT500's in 3yrs.
Im just to lazy to look for the answer right now, but probably both under 10k units, yes?
Fully agree. Bullitt is a nice daily and when I bought it, I thought I'd be driving it way more. Turns out, I put no more than about 1,000 - 1,500 miles per year on it, which is why I am looking for something more special and with better value retention (GT350). I think they made around 12,xxx Bullitts total. Don't know about GT500s but could be in the same ball park. I think GT350s will be around 23,xxx or so.

Historically, Bullitts are always a little bit higher than GTs but Shelbys tend to retain their value way better. For example, a base 2014 GT500 was $55k ($68k today with inflation). The asking price today for a 25-30k miles example is still $50k. Not too bad for an 8 year old car. Also, a newer and better successor model will always negatively impact the preceding one in value.

I could imagine Ford may go out with a bang in the S650 generation and that there will be one last halo ICE Mustang, unless the bean counters say no. It could be a revamped mid-engine flat plane crank NA V8 with the learnings from the GT350 and the GT to stick it to Chevy and the C8 Z06. The next iteration of the Ford GT could be a eco-boost hybrid with 800+ HP.

I could also see a de-tuned GT500 marketed as a Boss or "Boss Horse" since the Dark Horse started a new line. That name is terrible and reminds me of this here https://www.darkhorsewine.com/ every time I'm in the wine aisle. While I could get used to the exterior, they ruined the interior with the S650 in my opinion. I don't think we'll see another GT350 in S650 form or Bullitt.

Last edited:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
"I could also see a de-tuned GT500 marketed as a Boss or "Boss Horse" since the Dark Horse started a new line. That name is terrible and reminds me of this here https://www.darkhorsewine.com/ every time I'm in the wine aisle. While I could get used to the exterior, they ruined the interior with the S650 in my opinion. I don't think we'll see another GT350 in S650 form or Bullitt."

From my sources the generation now marketing Mustangs thinks nothing of the Shelby name, I would assume they feel the same about Boss and Bullitt. Kinda wish they go back to their PS4

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Good points by ya both, - Derklink & SVTTim.

Some 'wishful thinkers' who believe Ford should put a de-stroked 7.3L gas trk eng (Godzilla),
at around 6.8L & an alum blk, into the Stang & possibly resurrect the 'Boss 429' name. There was a mule gt350 that Im sure everyone saw, with the bulbous hood, that ignited that fire.

Its trivial, but Id like to know who gets the payout for the use of the Shelby moniker, & how much per car it reall adds.
$100 bucks? $1000 bucks?
Yrs ago, before the S550 came along. I had thought, for some strange reason, Ford had captured the 'Name/& Rights' to use as they chose. Yet I know the Vegas division out at the track, continues to operate as Shelby America 🇺🇸 🤔 & do what they do.

They say college kids want Tesla's.
& I say, buy whatever ya want... just don't force me to buy what you want, as well.

I still think Ford should have done a badgeless green Shelby Bullitt. Sounds a bit silly, but I really like a no moniker look. More people were trying to figure out what it was in the rural areas & the pickup truck culture.

I just don't have the courage, to remove all things Shelby from the outside of the car. I didn't order Eruption Green cuz I let the wife pic the colors of our car to include her in it.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I think this one was a fair deal in the current environment https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1FA6P8JZ7K5551409 . I just inquired and there is a deposit on it. Not my color and too far away but if I saw a similar deal near me in white w/blue stripes or (kona) blue w/white stripes, I'd probably try to make a deal.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Good points by ya both, - Derklink & SVTTim.

Some 'wishful thinkers' who believe Ford should put a de-stroked 7.3L gas trk eng (Godzilla),
at around 6.8L & an alum blk, into the Stang & possibly resurrect the 'Boss 429' name. There was a mule gt350 that Im sure everyone saw, with the bulbous hood, that ignited that fire.

Its trivial, but Id like to know who gets the payout for the use of the Shelby moniker, & how much per car it reall adds.
$100 bucks? $1000 bucks?
Yrs ago, before the S550 came along. I had thought, for some strange reason, Ford had captured the 'Name/& Rights' to use as they chose. Yet I know the Vegas division out at the track, continues to operate as Shelby America 🇺🇸 🤔 & do what they do.

They say college kids want Tesla's.
& I say, buy whatever ya want... just don't force me to buy what you want, as well.

I still think Ford should have done a badgeless green Shelby Bullitt. Sounds a bit silly, but I really like a no moniker look. More people were trying to figure out what it was in the rural areas & the pickup truck culture.

I just don't have the courage, to remove all things Shelby from the outside of the car. I didn't order Eruption Green cuz I let the wife pic the colors of our car to include her in it.
Shelby International get any royalty's (California)

I have no clue how much but its probably not as much as we think.

Shelby owns:

Shelby
GT350
GT500
GT500KR

Among others

Ford owns
Cobra

Not a fan of striped down Shelbys myself. They are what they are. But we all have different tastes

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

While we're dreaming....

I'm a sucker for sleepers, and weirdos like me would love to be able to order the top dog engine in a lesser trim like you could back in the 1960s. Like, say, a premium level GT/PP but with the engine and DCT from the GT500 but minus the rest of the stuff that's just plain overkill on the street. The package would have discreet 5.2 fender badges and maybe a different hood similar to the GT500 for better heat extraction, but little else to give it away at a glance. I'm practically drooling thinking about it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Had never seen a GT350 widebody. Couldn't care less about the Cage connection but that car is surprisingly cool.
Sponsored