pre filter ??

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
Well I have searched till I'm cross eyed. Would like to run a pre filter on my frp power pack, if I understand this right it is the same as gt350 air filter. I'm not finding anything big enough or I'm not measuring correctly? Anyone That can point me in the right direction, I would much appreciate . Thanks Jim
Sponsored

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
Not for sure itā€™s the same size but JLT sells them.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Well I have searched till I'm cross eyed. Would like to run a pre filter on my frp power pack, if I understand this right it is the same as gt350 air filter. I'm not finding anything big enough or I'm not measuring correctly? Anyone That can point me in the right direction, I would much appreciate . Thanks Jim
Following. Same situation almost. I have the same setup. Just ordered a new air filter from Benny at Levittown Ford (I tried to tag him, failed), and want to run a pre filter as well.

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
This filter is big, 8 inches of filter length plus base and 7.5 diameter at big end. Everything I've found so far is smaller. I think it was jlt that had one close but made sure to specify it was for their filter of a certain number, I think I'll try to call them tomorrow and see what I can find out. If I get any where I'll post it for others interested. Jim

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Try the brand "Outerwears". I have it and it works great on a conical.

This is the exact Outerwears micron sock I am using for the Airaid conical, which is a fairly large conical filter:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/prefilter-airaid-cai-2015.html

Outerwears link:
https://www.outerwears.com

---

If you can't find a micron large enough for your conical, you can always put a want ad out for woman's panty hose.... same concept. šŸ™ƒ

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Talked to Nick at Outerwares and he found one that should fit, it's7.5x5.5x8.25 which is .25 longer than the actual filter dimensions. I ordered one and will report back once I check the fit. CJ the wife said to stay out of her underwear drawer! Point taken on frequent cleaning. Thanks guys. Jim

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I ran Outerwears part# 20-1097 with my power pack kit and it fit perfect. I would imagine the filter is the same with the 2018+ kits? It's a bit smaller than the one you spec'd out.

https://outerwears.com/proddetail.asp?prod=2127
ordered a 20-3267, which is new not in catalog yet. Filter is 5.5 on small end so we decided to try it instead of the 1067. We shall see???

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Talked to Nick at Outerwares and he found one that should fit, it's7.5x5.5x8.25 which is .25 longer than the actual filter dimensions. I ordered one and will report back once I check the fit. CJ the wife said to stay out of her underwear drawer! Point taken on frequent cleaning. Thanks guys. Jim
LMAO @ the drawer comment! šŸ˜‚

Glad to hear that the folks at Outerwears were able to assist with the micron. They are super easy to clean.

All I do with mine is just use a shop vac to remove any debris from the bottom of the box and off the surface of the OW micron. Quarterly maintenance I'll remove the OW micron and rinse (it dries practically instantly). I've run it in full pollen season too and never had an issue with it clogging OR the underlying conical filter becoming dirty from pass through.

Here's my original Micron thread showing my Outerwears micron on my prior 2016 S550 after 5,000 miles of use. It's no BS, it works as designed and works very well. I'm using the same micron on my 2018.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-tip-add-micron-sock-to-conical-filter.84459/

I definitely recommend the Outerwears brand as well as a micron pre-filter to anyone who's using an open air CAI or closed box CAI that utilizes a pleated conical filter. It helps to prolong actual filter life AND practically eliminates filter maintenance (oiled or not).

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
LMAO @ the drawer comment! šŸ˜‚

Glad to hear that the folks at Outerwears were able to assist with the micron. They are super easy to clean.

All I do with mine is just use a shop vac to remove any debris from the bottom of the box and off the surface of the OW micron. Quarterly maintenance I'll remove the OW micron and rinse (it dries practically instantly). I've run it in full pollen season too and never had an issue with it clogging OR the underlying conical filter becoming dirty from pass through.

Here's my original Micron thread showing my Outerwears micron on my prior 2016 S550 after 5,000 miles of use. It's no BS, it works as designed and works very well. I'm using the same micron on my 2018.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-tip-add-micron-sock-to-conical-filter.84459/

I definitely recommend the Outerwears brand as well as a micron pre-filter to anyone who's using an open air CAI or closed box CAI that utilizes a pleated conical filter. It helps to prolong actual filter life AND practically eliminates filter maintenance (oiled or not).
Any idea what the part number is? Looks like the Outerwears website is DOA as well as the americanmuscle link

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
No reply? Did you bite the bullet and order one?
Took me a while to figure out what this was about! Ha! I didnā€™t get a pre filter but I did order an Airraid washable filter and itā€™s great. Airraid 405199 - doesnā€™t list our car as a fit but it is. Same filter as the ford performance except half the price.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Took me a while to figure out what this was about! Ha! I didnā€™t get a pre filter but I did order an Airraid washable filter and itā€™s great. Airraid 405199 - doesnā€™t list our car as a fit but it is. Same filter as the ford performance except half the price.
I have the Airraid in mine. I was using a Green Filter to match my car for car shows. I stopped going to car shows though. I prefer dry vs oiled. So much easier to maintain.
Sponsored