Sponsored

"Pre-collision assist not available" message

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Yesterday and today, I made a right turn (shouldn't matter) and instantly floored it, Each time the "Pre-collision assist not available" message came on and car went into limp mode. Had to pull over somewhere and wait a couple of minutes for it to reset.
Today I turned off the Pre-collision assist feature and the car instantly drove better. Sounds crazy right? Each time when shifting from first into second gear (manual) I could hear a little noise coming from the gearbox or clutch, but its a noise I heard before in other cars. After turning off the collision assist that noise is gone, and the car seems to drive a little bit smoother. Does that make any sense?
Besides that, what could cause the collision assist to come on? Thank you in advance.
PXL_20220511_155242660.jpg
Sponsored

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Interesting!

I cant say that I have had the driving issues (though I do have issues with my 10R80) but the "Pre-collision assist not available" comes up once every three months or so. Randomly and for NO reason.

How did you turn it off...? I thought you could only reduce sensitivity and disable automatic braking?

I am very interested to see what other people have to say. And I wonder, on the off chance, it might be affecting my transmission too.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@sirben711

Just went into the car, I turned off the distance indicator. I will turn it back on tomorrow and do a test drive to see if the noise is back and how it behaves.
PXL_20220512_014051260.jpg

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The crap will sadly reactivate itself each and every time you start the engine. Luckily it can be killed for good with ForScan.
I really can't think of anything more maddening than this stupid invention. All the swear words you've ever heard since childhood spring simultaneously to mind when it brakes hard and suddenly, of its own accord, for no reason.

Last edited:

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
There's a recall out now to replace a small switch on the brake pedal, I had this pop up, and having that switch replaced addressed it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happened again on the Interstate last Tuesday.. not cool, car went into limp mode, had to take the next exit, park, turn off the car, restart, and good to go.
This morning I had an appointment at my Ford dealership, of course they couldn't duplicate the issue. Next time it happens is to let them know, take another screenshot so they can open an "issue/ticket" with corporate.
Maybe they "fixed" it by just "looking" at the car? So far so good πŸ€”
Will try to force the "Pre-collision assist not available" message to come back on this afternoon.
PXL_20220519_135929830.jpg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's strange, because the loss of the pre-collision alert should not trigger the limp mode. I did lose it once or twice in my Mondeo or Kuga, due to dirt on the radar or on the windshield, but the car remained perfectly drivable.
The limp mode makes me think that there's a deeper issue, and that the pre-collision alert is just a collateral victim of that.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As you may have noticed (looking at the work order above), I have a tune that belongs to a Steeda CAI. So, if it happens again, I will first disconnect the battery for 30 mins and then try again.
If it's still happening I will return the car to stock and try again. Unfortunately I don't remember if this started happening before or after the tune.. But I think it was before the tune.

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
How do
You get rid of this error it’s annoying mines is on permanglg

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do
You get rid of this error it’s annoying mines is on permanglg
My error was caused by hardware malfunction, so a removal of the hardware fixed it. I am not sure what is causing your error. Maybe you need to have it checked by a professional.
Is it still under warranty?

Sponsored

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
This happened to me today, 2022 mustang gt , whipple supercharger. I went to do a pull and my engine went into limp mode , wrench light and pre collision not available light.

OP
OP
Gnatsum21

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happened to me today, 2022 mustang gt , whipple supercharger. I went to do a pull and my engine went into limp mode , wrench light and pre collision not available light.
Since we never fully diagnosed what caused the error on my vehicle we chose to remove the new hardware and the tune from the car. With that in mind, the error came either from the new MAF sensor, or the new tune, or both.

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
Since we never fully diagnosed what caused the error on my vehicle we chose to remove the new hardware and the tune from the car. With that in mind, the error came either from the new MAF sensor, or the new tune, or both.
I let my car sit and it started working again, but the engine light came on with the message "the engine control system has detected the electronic throttle body is not responding as commanded and requires service ". It seems to be running ok, but its going to Ford tomorrow . Still under warranty plus I bought the whipple powertrain warranty as well.

MWestGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
This exact thing happened to myself today. Went away after I restarted the car but did you ever figure out what it could have been from. I have a cold air intake and tune as well.

coyote._s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hasan
Vehicle(s)
17 ecoboost/19 gt
Yesterday and today, I made a right turn (shouldn't matter) and instantly floored it, Each time the "Pre-collision assist not available" message came on and car went into limp mode. Had to pull over somewhere and wait a couple of minutes for it to reset.
Today I turned off the Pre-collision assist feature and the car instantly drove better. Sounds crazy right? Each time when shifting from first into second gear (manual) I could hear a little noise coming from the gearbox or clutch, but its a noise I heard before in other cars. After turning off the collision assist that noise is gone, and the car seems to drive a little bit smoother. Does that make any sense?
Besides that, what could cause the collision assist to come on? Thank you in advance.
PXL_20220511_155242660.jpg
have you solved it I’m having the Same msg and it’s driving me crazy
Sponsored