Sponsored

PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
how about waiting a couple of days?
it's not like your heart surgery is being delayed.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I had issues with the Cup2 whenever the temps dropped at or below 50F. When cold at or just below 50, I would get wheel spin under light pedal effort. I use to leave the tire pressure display up and when the 33 psi cold got to 35-36, the tires were grabbing again. Now I. The cold, how do you keep them warm?? I opted for a set of Blizzak LM-32 275/35R19 tires until I decided on a set of time for winter

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
How bad is the Sport Cup 2 tire in ~30 degree temperatures?

I need to vent here a bit.
I bought the car last Friday. I explained to the dealer that I'd hold off on taking delivery until I could get snow tires and they agreed. I'm trading in my Focus ST at the same time.
That night, I ordered a set of snow tires and wheels from Tire Rack. They shipped and were scheduled to be delivered to the dealer on Wed Dec 4. Great, plenty of time for them to arrive, get installed, and I can pick up the car on Saturday Dec 7.
Except, they didn't arrive. It's now Dec 6 and there's no delivery date, no further information, nothing at all since Dec 4. UPS only has a vague note about weather delays.

The whole thing is frustrating and I don't know what to do. At least there's no snow in the 10-day forecast.
View attachment 417155
You will likely ruin the Cup 2’s, and you don’t want to do that, way too expensive. Wait until you get the snows.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So the official Ford numbers for the PP2 wheels weight is 35lbs front and 37lbs rear. 144lbs total.
(140lbs is you run 10.5in square, 148lbs is you run 11in square)

For comparison the SP2's from SVE are 24.1 front and 24.5 rear. A total of 97.5
(96.4lbs if you run 10in square, 98lbs if you run 11in square)

For those tracking, moving to the SVE wheels will save you about 47lbs in rotational mass (or 43.6 or 50lbs). About enough to keep a full size spare in the trunk and still have a weight savings.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Warmed up enough yesterday to wash the dust off and take my PP2 for a short drive. I still have less than 500 miles on it, so we're both still getting acquainted. Each time I drive it I learn more about it. The electronics are enough to keep me busy for a while, but the pure driving side impresses me every time. I don't think I've come close to the limits when it comes to road hugging cornering; not that I'm pushing it hard yet, but what little I have has been amazing. Even the head lights impressed me. I drove it in the dark for the first time last night, and the headlights are as bright if not brighter than my old Subaru Outback, which were the brightest headlights I had ever used.
Other than wheels and tires, I can't think of many mods that I really need to do to match this car to me and my driving. May change later on, but right now the PP2 is perfect for me.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Question for my fellow PP2 owners:

How many PP2 wheels/tires can fit inside the car?
Also confirming all 4 305/30/19 stock tires will fit! Just swapped over to new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S. When I told the Costco guy I wanted of four stock tires bagged and put in the car he looked at me like I was crazy . LOL

NitishMudgal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nitish
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hi, I am new to the Forum, it's going to be a year in January for me with 2019 PP2. It's my first Mustang and I am glad i waited for 6 months for this car.
I read through some of the posts on this thread PP2. Too many for me to finish. It's possible that some of you might have already answered it.
I am looking for suggestions regarding tyre change on the car as well as lowering springs. I came across Ford Performance spring which lowers the car by 20mm i think.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hi, I am new to the Forum, it's going to be a year in January for me with 2019 PP2. It's my first Mustang and I am glad i waited for 6 months for this car.
I read through some of the posts on this thread PP2. Too many for me to finish. It's possible that some of you might have already answered it.
I am looking for suggestions regarding tyre change on the car as well as lowering springs. I came across Ford Performance spring which lowers the car by 20mm i think.
Nitish: i just installed a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S. Very good tire. With regards to lowering spring: you may want to reconsider, since the cars are specifically engineered with the factory springs, magnetic shocks and the computer programing that comes with it. Just my opinion, but i feel our cars look great as delivered . If you want to see what my car looks like with the new tires, send me a PM...i am over in Santa Cruz County near you. Cheers.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Ford Performance offers lowering springs that are designed to work with the PP2's Magnaride configuration.

For reasons stated above I'd be hesitant to go with an aftermarket setup now designed with the PP2's calibrations in mind. My understanding is the PP2 has a different calibration for the Magnaride than other Magnaride equipped cars.

That's why Ford offers a calibration and the springs for other factory Magnaride cars. The PP2 presumably has the "upgraded" calibration.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Performance offers lowering springs that are designed to work with the PP2's Magnaride configuration.

For reasons stated above I'd be hesitant to go with an aftermarket setup now designed with the PP2's calibrations in mind. My understanding is the PP2 has a different calibration for the Magnaride than other Magnaride equipped cars.

That's why Ford offers a calibration and the springs for other factory Magnaride cars. The PP2 presumably has the "upgraded" calibration.
Interesting...I just looked, bit did not see the springs listed that work with ppl2 cars. Do you know the part number?

Sponsored

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Interesting...I just looked, bit did not see the springs listed that work with ppl2 cars. Do you know the part number?
Here's the link:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

Read the "Notes" section. It says PP2 cars just need the sway bars and M-5300-W (the springs) and do not need the Magneride Calibration. To me that indicates the PP2's already have the upgraded calibration.

Also I remember an interview posted months ago with a Ford factory race driver. The interview was largely about the, then upcoming, GT500. He listed off his projects with Ford and indicated he had time developing the PP2's handling package. Another indicator that the PP2 Magneride isn't the same calibration as a non-PP2's.

Speculation based off of information I've seen.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Here's the link:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

Read the "Notes" section. It says PP2 cars just need the sway bars and M-5300-W (the springs) and do not need the Magneride Calibration. To me that indicates the PP2's already have the upgraded calibration.

Also I remember an interview posted months ago with a Ford factory race driver. The interview was largely about the, then upcoming, GT500. He listed off his projects with Ford and indicated he had time developing the PP2's handling package. Another indicator that the PP2 Magneride isn't the same calibration as a non-PP2's.

Speculation based off of information I've seen.
Thanks for that. Looks interesting...has anyone with a PPL2 out there done this? Any difference you can tell?

NitishMudgal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nitish
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I was under the same impression that these could fit. If only there was someone who could tell us more about this.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I was under the same impression that these could fit. If only there was someone who could tell us more about this.
Also, it is a significant investment...about $1,000 for the parts and many labor hours to install, plus you will need a full alignment. If anyone has a connection with any of the vendors or the big name parts places out there,perhaps they would be willing to shoot a promotional video on how to install these parts in exchange for a discount or free parts and labor ?