PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

NitishMudgal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nitish
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
That was a good idea. I just don't understand how to measure the Tire tread on Cup2s, they are super sticky so basic tread measurement shouldn't hold true for these.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hey! I can't seem to find these official wheel weights. Thank you for the info as I am looking for same spec new wheels that are MUCH lighter. Do you happen to have a link you found those official numbers for? I don't doubt you but I just would love to see the official link. I wish they were lighter as I love the wheel. Thanks!
I'm going off the shipping weight for the Black version from Ford performance.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/p...OSXeTBUgd_DasvX02FWmScZAh6wicODCaUhO3NAJIw9qc

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I don't have a PP2 car, yet. Will be either ordering that or a Mach 1 if they come out with it for next year.

but, how hard would it be to swap out the standard seats for a 401A car with a recaro? Would prefer the standard seats for DD use and recaro at the track

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked my PP2 about a week ago. Currently at about 250 miles. Anyone heard slight popping noise when turning the wheel full lock during a cold start? Happens when I back out and sometimes when moving forward. I'm chalking it up to the cold tires but I just want to make sure. Anyone have this issue?
20200104_164447[408].jpg
Nice ride! I would guess the popping just might be the spring settling or clocking. If guess it will go away, have someone turn it while you are outside with the hood up and listen.

Sponsored

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
Nice ride! I would guess the popping just might be the spring settling or clocking. If guess it will go away, have someone turn it while you are outside with the hood up and listen.
Thanks! Would it be something I should be concerned about? It goes away after I've driven a few minutes.

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah with the stock wheels/tires I always got a pop when turning the wheel all the way (like when backing out of a parking spot or something)

I think its just the tires. those sport cup 2's are intense.
This! Yes I have had it happen with the Cup 2's. Cold outside and turned almost full lock and POP. Only one time and since changing them out I have not had it happen. I also baby the locking turn when cold right after start up.

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
This! Yes I have had it happen with the Cup 2's. Cold outside and turned almost full lock and POP. Only one time and since changing them out I have not had it happen. I also baby the locking turn when cold right after start up.
Phew I'm glad I'm not the only one that it's happened to. I thought I was going crazy

dukegsd13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2005 SuperDuty & 2019 Mustang PP2
Just picked my PP2 about a week ago. Currently at about 250 miles. Anyone heard slight popping noise when turning the wheel full lock during a cold start? Happens when I back out and sometimes when moving forward. I'm chalking it up to the cold tires but I just want to make sure. Anyone have this issue?
What I have noticed coming into driveway if I have the car in track or drag mode it will make a clicking noise. Can't remember which mode I was in. I backed out and put it in normal mode pulled in again no clicking.

dukegsd13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2005 SuperDuty & 2019 Mustang PP2
Here are some of my thoughts on PP2:

I love the car!!!!! It is not a common trim and I enjoy that.

First of all, let's discuss the OEM shifter. I tracked the car at M1 Concourse in Michigan. I was constantly getting locked out of third gear and had to take the shifts slow. I have since replaced the shifter with MGW xspec and BG Syncro Shift II gear oil. All I can say is wow. Haven't tracked since either..... While replacing the shifter I noticed a two piece driveshaft. That is on the list to be replaced with a solid DS.

The tires do track in the road. I have a gravel pit by my house and you have to hold on tight:). This car (well really the tires) is not a car to take on long trips. The comfort modes really help, but I'm going to replace the tires asap and save them.

Besides the shifter, the second compliant is how the rear tire looks in the wheel well. It is not proportionate in size. I need to figure out what size to go up to.

I have driven a lot of cars and this is so much fun to drive.

Ordering a JLT intake as I type.......

Randall. Bye.

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Just picked up mine on Tuesday 2019 GT premium with magnaride and active exhaust. I love the sound of this car. Shopping for tires now and looking for the best deal I don’t think I’ll keep these OEM ones on long . Maybe a nitto or continental.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
can't go with 325/30 rears. i love the michelin 4S for DD use.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Just picked up mine on Tuesday 2019 GT premium with magnaride and active exhaust. I love the sound of this car. Shopping for tires now and looking for the best deal I don’t think I’ll keep these OEM ones on long . Maybe a nitto or continental.
Driving impressions below:

Pros
  • awesome engine and exhaust sound..too achieve this sound on my 15 I had to bolt on an AIR RAID and xpipe.
  • handles well in tight turns ..only 471 miles so far so still breaking in the sport cups
  • seems like more cabin room then again I coming from a 2017 C7 2 seater
  • Stereo is awesome as well as navigation system and guages
Some pics below
0785CD38-7171-4F00-A4CD-EFB731112B76.jpeg
5A9EC3F0-10A9-4E38-B213-D59E031A6EB3.jpeg
8F15BA07-FD8F-4CB5-96E9-A4ED47B0A3C2.jpeg
29CA9B63-BC80-4BFE-81E2-F521E5130E23.jpeg

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
Here are some of my thoughts on PP2:

Besides the shifter, the second compliant is how the rear tire looks in the wheel well. It is not proportionate in size. I need to figure out what size to go up to.
I switched to the MGW x-spec and loved it. Have't had an issue yet with it. Also, the tires overall diameter is smaller than most of the tires that come on the Mustangs. Almost an inch smaller in OD, this is where part of the lowering comes from but also, this means the tires look smaller in the wheel wells. A 305/35/19 would be closer to the overall diameters of most of the other tires that come on the mustangs, would fill the wheel wells out more, but would also raise the car up to the height of other mustang trims.

I'm planning on going with 305/30/19 front and 325/30/19 rear tires when I replace my Cup 2's come spring time. I considered going taller in diameter to the 35 but I may just stay at 30 and enjoy the ~ half inch lower the car sits compared to other trim models.
Sponsored