Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that gets into aftermarket tuning which is a huge negative for me. I like keeping things factory reliable as I don't have as much time to be chasing down issues. It's why Roush and the FP packages are so appealing.

Dead on .... and having the finest engineers in the loop helps a bunch.
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Consumption is balanced out by such a decrease in price. Though agree on availability. But that's also what flex tuning can do for you. Gives the option.
The cost does help but when you have to drive 40 miles to the nearest station, half the tank is gone before you can even enjoy it.

Personally, I like that it’s an option but the trade offs aren’t worth it for me.
I’ve also heard that Ethanol is super harsh on fuel system, cylinder heads/valves, etc. even in vehicles that claim to be E85 ready. Any truth to that?

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Yes, it can be corrosive as well as drying out rubber components in your fuel system.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Yes, it can be corrosive as well as drying out rubber components in your fuel system.

I sold my 2013 BMW E92 M3 to a former Mustang owner who loved the corn. He got an E85 tune for the E92 and within 3 months started having problems with leaky fuel injectors as well as 02 sensor failure. The car was already 7 years old when I sold it to him with only 38k miles. I can only surmise it was due to the full E85.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I've been looking at options, I'll doing something in a month or so when bonus time hits. I generally do a few things to the house and I get a present for myself. Considering I went Lund tune, Borla and Rousch CAI, I can't see the expense to swap to the FP kit. I'm not a worried about warranty person, and there really is no benefit other than that I can see. I'm going to stick with the plan of the lighter GT350 replica wheels, and that may be it. Not much else on my list under the money I feel like spending to do, especially since I did the JL Audio upgrade in Dec.

If I had known about the kit completely before doing what I've done, it'd be a no brainer.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking at options, I'll doing something in a month or so when bonus time hits. I generally do a few things to the house and I get a present for myself. Considering I went Lund tune, Borla and Rousch CAI, I can't see the expense to swap to the FP kit. I'm not a worried about warranty person, and there really is no benefit other than that I can see. I'm going to stick with the plan of the lighter GT350 replica wheels, and that may be it. Not much else on my list under the money I feel like spending to do, especially since I did the JL Audio upgrade in Dec.

If I had known about the kit completely before doing what I've done, it'd be a no brainer.

Part of my equation is here in Cali and getting the car smogged. It used to be as long as you had full readiness and cats in place no issues. Now the CVS has to match on the software as well. The days of cheating at the smog station are coming to an end.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Ah. I also assume the carb sticker matters with that too. They wouldn’t appreciate my roush sticker lol.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Here is one members dyno...

E1966E48-EC54-44D3-9E9F-C0BA8091519D.jpeg
I have this on the way and will have it installed shortly, I did my base dyno last month so I guess putting 500+ miles on this kit and tune might be the minimum to get a decent dyno number? doing a dyno too quick too soon while car is still learning might not give good numbers?

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I just received the kit for my 2020 today and am considering going a different route. Still not 100% sure which way I want to go, but If anyone is interested send me a message. I'm an ASE master tech and could offer free install with documentation for warranty for any purchaser within driving distance.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Off beat question: I've been told installing this kit gets rid of the infamous "2K rattle". Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Off beat question: I've been told installing this kit gets rid of the infamous "2K rattle". Can anyone confirm or deny that?
This rumor was based on only one persons experience and is definitely unconfirmed and not the norm as many other people who have installed the kit said "No difference".

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have this on the way and will have it installed shortly, I did my base dyno last month so I guess putting 500+ miles on this kit and tune might be the minimum to get a decent dyno number? doing a dyno too quick too soon while car is still learning might not give good numbers?

Did you post up they baseline dyno numbers?

Dave

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Input would be welcome here...

The CAI/throttle body are not installed yet but I wanted to check out the capabilities of the Procal4....so I created an account with Ford Performance and registered the device/kit, and installed the software with the link provided next to the part number (circled below). I then plugged in the Procal to the computer and updated the firmware.

There's no explanation as to what this download contains...is it just the application for your computer to recognize the procal? Is it the actual tune that you need based on the part number/kit? Not clear but I assumed it would become evident once I linked it up to the car.

1613574737479.png

Next, I flashed the NGauge back to stock (got rid of the nearly useless Lund performance tune...for good?) and plugged in the Procal. Within two minutes, I had corrected for the 4.09 gear ratio and tire diameter (using the revs/mile that I googled for my tire size). Super easy!

But.... There was no indication that anything else was affected in the tune. Is the computer already looking for the new intake parts? It seems like there should be another step here...like downloading and installing a calibration profile of some kind. SCT and NGauge units both required this.

Thanks for any input.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT