Sponsored

Power Stop Z26 & RockAuto.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been wanting to get the Power Stop Z26 pads (front and rear) and was hoping that someone could confirm the part numbers suitable for a PP1 / Brembo six pot car.

I believe the fronts are Z26-1792 and the rears are Z26-1793 ?

I had also been considering buying them from Rock Auto.

Is RockAuto a good seller and do they have genuine stock rather than just holding your money whilst they source it ?

Apologies for all the questions and for my obvious caution, I'm from the UK and the pads will be shipped to an American address before shipment.

I need to ensure everything runs smoothly, the parts are available when I expect them and I have zero issues with Rock Auto etc.

Any comments (good or bad !) appreciated :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Rock Auto is good - I've bought from them before quite a few times. They have LARGE warehouses all over, they are not a "drop shipper".

Don't forget to Google your "rock auto discount code". It's usually 5% off at checkout, not a lot but if your purchase is large, it helps.

:)

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I have bought from rock auto, never have had issues. the discount code helps pay the shipping charge.
Whom ever is buying these, or shipping address. Once you get the part #, might also have those at that us Address check online with the local to them autoparts stores. many offer 20% off online shopping, and free pick up in store, or free shipping past x dollars.
This can make the local to them store pricing /final cost inline with rock auto. I always check both routes.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i've bought a UK Supra brake master cylinder (for my mr2 - long story) from them in the past as it was way cheaper including shipping than buying new in the UK. Was as easy and smooth a process as buying from a local shop

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My one complaint about Rock Auto is that if you order multiple items and they come from different warehouses you get charged shipping for each item. So for instance if your front brake pads come from one warehouse and the rear from a different one you will pay 2 shipping charges. At least that is what they attempted to do to me, and I had 8 items with 4 different shipping charges. Said nope, and shopped elsewhere.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Rock Auto is awesome. I have always had excellent experience with them.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I've used rock auto many times. Always fast as a rule. Shipping sometimes is a little steep but overall good experience.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
My one complaint about Rock Auto is that if you order multiple items and they come from different warehouses you get charged shipping for each item. So for instance if your front brake pads come from one warehouse and the rear from a different one you will pay 2 shipping charges. At least that is what they attempted to do to me, and I had 8 items with 4 different shipping charges. Said nope, and shopped elsewhere.
They have a icon of a box truck, that once you put one item in your cart, will show you what other items will ship from same location/warehouse. when you are shopping in the drill down. So you can avoid that issue.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Rock Auto is good if you don't buy electrical parts from them. The only problems I've had with them is electronics. I received a toasted trans ctrl module and 3 defective window switches from them they said it was my truck, yet used parts off of eBay and Amazon fixed the issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's that sorted then :

1668171858608.png

£136 total.

Equivalent pads in the UK circa £300 ... 😲

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP

1668171858608.png

£136 total.

You forgot the discount code. It have taken 5% off, and help make the shipping almost free.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
You forgot the discount code. It have taken 5% off, and help make the shipping almost free.
It's in there ($6.83) - I could only find 5% :like:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
It's in there ($6.83) - I could only find 5% :like:

Ya it is only 5%.
For me it almost equals the sales tax. so . something is better than nothing.
I need to get new pads for my car, as the oem's ones stop great but the dust is nuts.
I just have to research what brakes are on my car as the EB-HHP had a parts bin mix and match of v8 parts not sure what level gt parts. and most auto parts catalog drill downs don't list my car model/trim .
I'm sure it is the same for those with a gt with a pp 1 or ? over the base gt car.
At least the online catalog. The in store might as many times they ask for the vin just like the ford parts dept.

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

1668171858608.png

£136 total.

Probs get a bit of import on that mate (hopefully not). I know I did with the supercharger parts. The UPS guy said it was the biggest bill he'd ever seen. 😂 I asked in the other thread about the coefficient of friction for these pads but I don't think anyone knows / has responded. Do you know or did you just buy them regardless? I might reach out to Power Stop direct and ask - I'm always a bit wary when companies don't post any figures or graphs of the temp vs friction etc. I'd like to know how they perform first.
Sponsored