Post your MPG's

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
BTW, I have no idea why the picture is showing as sideways. It's got the correct orientation on my end before attaching it. All the others I've posted have matched the orientation. Strange.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Tank 7

Tank 7: 25.1 calculated by hand. 26.2 as read by trip computer. Odometer reading: ~2200 miles
40% city 60% highway A-little more aggressive driving habits as well.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Tank 8

Tank 8: 27.0 calculated by hand. 27.9 as read by trip computer. Odometer reading: ~2600 miles
25% city 75% highway

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I've had mine since 10/15. Drove to Ft Worth to pick it - about 3 hours drive. Needless to say, we had the best ride home! Two days later we took a road trip to East Texas and came home with a little over 700 miles on it. (As advised by our performance crew at Central Texas Performance, Jeff suggested we get at least 700 miles in order to get the tune done when exhaust, intake, and lowering springs come in).

We have kept it average at 20MPG. I'm so impressed! And this is NOT driving like Ms. Daisy. I like to get to the speed limit as fast as possible. :thumbsup::headbang::ford::clap2:

We have GT PP Manual - Magnetic.
That sounds so promising.... can't wait to get mine in about a month...

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
MPG will really be told at 6,000miles +, early reports look great, thank you all to the early owners

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
mix of city/highway for the first tank of 87 from the dealer gave a few rides to family and friends and managed to get 22mpg, computer said 22.9mpg.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Question to you all.
Have you guys noticed the mpg on the screen going down pretty fast when the car is at idle or neutral waiting in the traffic? When i take of and hit the gas it climbs up again but at idle it should be stable not going down. Thats pretty interesting. Cheers.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Question to you all.
Have you guys noticed the mpg on the screen going down pretty fast when the car is at idle or neutral waiting in the traffic? When i take of and hit the gas it climbs up again but at idle it should be stable not going down. Thats pretty interesting. Cheers.
At idle it should be going down, you are using gas (gallons) but not making any progress (miles). So in math terms:

0 miles divided by >0 gallons = 0MPG

is going to be 0 miles per gallon for the time that you are sitting. Notably while you are idling you are not using as much gas but you are still progressing 0 miles. Think of it this way, if you used the same volume of gas per unit of time, the faster you go the better mileage you get starting at zero when not moving. The problem is that you have to press harder on the go pedal (depending on your gear selection) and the engine is turning more RPM, to deal with drag and other things. So usually in my experience mileage maxes out somewhere between 45mph and 60mph (for my 06 GT that is where it maxed), where drag and rolling resistance start requiring more fuel and the mileage drops again (not sure where this transition point is for the 15 Mustang and it would also be dependent on what gear you are in at any given speed).

Hope this helps.

Chris

Edited for clarity

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Haha, thanks for the reply, I am an engineer trust me i know what you mean but when the car is not moving the meter should stop at whatever the value it is prior to the previous reading. Technically you are consuming really low gas on idle. Cheers.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Tank 4: Calculated by hand - 25.3, Trip monitor - 25.5
80% city, 20% highway. 93 octane.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Yikes. What company/products do you work on so I can avoid them?

J/k...kinda.
Hahaha!

There is a reason it's called MILES per gallon. If you aren't going anywhere (Miles), but you are using gas, then the MPG's go down. This is very simple math. Idling takes quite a bit more gas than you might think.

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
After two weeks of owning the GT with 3.55 gear ratio and driving almost all city as daily driver to work in sport mode 50% and normal mode 50% I am getting approximately 15 MPG. Using 91 gas by the way. Not the greatest numbers but I have been having fun with it.mso far about 400 miles on the odometer, so not nearly broken in yet.
Sponsored