Sponsored

Show and Shine... Post your ride

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Rainy day today, took advantage and machine polished both cars. Also wanted to use the new Rupes cordless machine. Shower time!!
13B9AADC-04FE-4634-A899-29BBCC01AA30.jpeg
7EA8D066-97B0-4501-9455-A0264F9CF0FC.jpeg
0EBA2F39-2971-4680-A09D-F495724FE583.jpeg
E91AA228-1613-4D90-8A0E-09BB1CBEE24D.jpeg
4748525E-9919-4860-8B68-4001C4402F86.jpeg
Having just ordered one, I would love to hear your thoughts on the new Rupes HLR 15 I can in the third photo.
Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to hear your thoughts on the new Rupes HLR 15 I can in the third photo.
Itā€™s everything Rupes said about it. It weighs 5.53 lbs with the battery. I just polished my two Mustangs and I used up 50% of the battery life. It is possible to hit the battery against the paint finish while polishing. Very minor problem in my opinion. When I polish I donā€™t push or bear down really hard on the machine, I let the product and the pad do the work. When the battery hits the painted surface itā€™s insignificant in my opinion. No marks, no scuffs, no issue. The machine is a pleaser to use. Very easy to maneuver around. It sounds different than the old machine and is quieter. The battery fits really tight into the machine, tighter than the other Rupes machines. The machine I have is the 15mm, when the 21mm is available as machine only (not the kit) I will definitely order one.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Itā€™s everything Rupes said about it. It weighs 5.53 lbs with the battery. I just polished my two Mustangs and I used up 50% of the battery life. It is possible to hit the battery against the paint finish while polishing. Very minor problem in my opinion. When I polish I donā€™t push or bear down really hard on the machine, I let the product and the pad do the work. When the battery hits the painted surface itā€™s insignificant in my opinion. No marks, no scuffs, no issue. The machine is a pleaser to use. Very easy to maneuver around. It sounds different than the old machine and is quieter. The battery fits really tight into the machine, tighter than the other Rupes machines. The machine I have is the 15mm, when the 21mm is available as machine only (not the kit) I will definitely order one.
I'm coming from battery powered ShineMate's, which I had adapted to holding the machine by the battery, so hopefully that will translate to the Rupes and mitigate the battery to paint contact issue.

dec297.jpg

jan212.jpg

I also just watched a video where the user had it running with a Rupes blue Coarse Wool pad, I was alarmed to see it become unbalanced and start to walk over the panel. The user then swapped to a foam pad and it ran smooth as silk. Turns out he was using was the older version, the new wool pads have additional foam interface, which Rupes did to address this issue for the new polishers. Hopefully that doesn't mean being locked into Rupes pads with the new HLR's.

Even so, I really looking forward to it arriving, I'm planning to give the Mustang a light polish, probably its last in my care.

Would you mind me asking what battery 3-inch polisher you prefer? Not a fan of the ShineMate 3-inch, it's a bit too bulky for the pad size. I also have the LHR 75 pneumatic, but I sort of have to be in the mood to use that.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
what battery 3-inch polisher you prefer? Not a fan of the ShineMate 3-inch, it's a bit too bulky for the pad
I have both the BIGFOOT MINI LHR 75 E and the BIGFOOT MIN HLR 75 IBRID. I only use the IBRID now. I added the additional lever Rupes came out with to stop the unintentional startup of the machine when lying it down. The lever works it elevates the problem. I havenā€™t used the wool pads yet with the new 15mm machine. Iā€™ve only used the Rupes white ultra fine finishing pad and yellow Rupes pad on my truck. I have 4 cars to on my list to detail now, Iā€™m sure one of them will need a more aggressive pad. Looking forward to using the new machine, Iā€™m happy with it so far! Time will tell.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have both the BIGFOOT MINI LHR 75 E and the BIGFOOT MIN HLR 75 IBRID. I only use the IBRID now. I added the additional lever Rupes came out with to stop the unintentional startup of the machine when lying it down. The lever works it elevates the problem. I havenā€™t used the wool pads yet with the new 15mm machine. Iā€™ve only used the Rupes white ultra fine finishing pad and yellow Rupes pad on my truck. I have 4 cars to on my list to detail now, Iā€™m sure one of them will need a more aggressive pad. Looking forward to using the new machine, Iā€™m happy with it so far! Time will tell.
I'm currently leaning towards the HLR 75, how is for torque and pad stall?

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
how is for torque and pad stall?
The IBRID feels just like the corded version as far as torque and pad stall. The shape of the IBRID is a little weird but Iā€˜ve used it a lot with no issues. The new lever definitely helps. No more spraying myself with little dots of product
When it put the machine down. I thought you had the Rupes 3ā€ IBRID.