polyurethane, delrin, spherical ?

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I know there is a "boot" company for that kind of thing. I am looking to do it with bump steer kit. Spherical and heims are notorious to be noisy from getting dirty etc. The boots apparently can be fill with grease and slipped on. I dont know if there are any big enough for the big bearings or how that would work, but it definitely would help keep the gunk out.

I saw them last night nerding out on some bs i was looking for
Filling then with grease is a no no for teflon lined bearings. The grease can destroy the Teflon lining. Also, any dust or dirt that gets in will cling to the grease and potentially wear out the joint. As a thought, 50% of the rear is spherical, especially the PP1 cars. One end of the tow link. One LCA joints, and one in the knuckle. The one difference is they have a nice factory seal. Not sure if they are teflon lined.
Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I know there is a "boot" company for that kind of thing. I am looking to do it with bump steer kit. Spherical and heims are notorious to be noisy from getting dirty etc. The boots apparently can be fill with grease and slipped on. I dont know if there are any big enough for the big bearings or how that would work, but it definitely would help keep the gunk out.

I saw them last night nerding out on some bs i was looking for
I used them on the toe links and LCA bearings. Not a 100% seal but better than nothing.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Again, stock. There really isn't any reason for a street car to "upgrade" the integral (veritcal) links on the these cars.
Agreed. None of it is really necessary for street driven cars. In my case, I came across mine from a buddy that owns a local speed shop and had them as a non picked up order so I got them dirt cheap. In my case I probably didnt have to do any of what I did, but having an engineering back ground, when I found out what was in there (you were instrumental in alot of that), I felt compelled to "upgrade". Its overkill in my case. I even changed the axles. I figured since I was in there. And if I ever decide to track it, its ready to go. In hind sight, if I ever bought verticals again, I would have done the delrins. The hardest part of the job (LCA, toe link bearing, toe links, vertical links, axles) was screwing with the shocks to get enough CV boot clearance to the shocks. And my quick jack screwed up, and not realizing how stiff the magnaride shocks are when trying to preload suspension. We thought we screwed something up because the suspension wasnt moving much...until we undid the shock! The suspension moves more when you load it from the outboard (dah, longer lever).

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Again, stock. There really isn't any reason for a street car to "upgrade" the integral (veritcal) links on the these cars.
Sooooo boring

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Ya, if it was really about need I probably wouldn't even have the car let alone all the tinkering. To each his own.
I have a hard time leaving things alone if theres a chance I can make it better. I had the car out for longer ride today and hit some crappy roads. If its stiffer, it's not by much, but it feels much more planted. And its quiet. Rear jounces is about as much as the front which is not much. Overall, I'm very happy with the mods

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I have a hard time leaving things alone if theres a chance I can make it better. I had the car out for longer ride today and hit some crappy roads. If its stiffer, it's not by much, but it feels much more planted. And its quiet. Rear jounces is about as much as the front which is not much. Overall, I'm very happy with the mods
I can relate to feeling compelled to mess with things lol 😆

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Wife likes the car enough that I can get by with all kinds of goodies with the bonus it keeps me "safely" out of the house.:like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Got my vert. links back and installed, nice and quite. The phone conversation was $40. for the swap from delrin to spherical but they didn't charge me. Kudos to J&M

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
Love my stock links. If I decide to upgrade I will probably do the BMR TCA046 (delrin/bearing)
Sponsored