OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
That's why i defaulted to the Ford Cobra Jet OPG, states they are made by the oem supplier.
Welp, if these tss gear dont check out that is my next stop but 1100 canadian is a lot of freight.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That's why i defaulted to the Ford Cobra Jet OPG, states they are made by the oem supplier.
source? I presume part# is CM-6621-A50 ? Or did you mean M-6600-M50A ?

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
so @Kobi Addiction what do yours measure out to?
I actually didn't install my OPG and Sprocket set. I typically install my own parts, but I honestly wasn't confident with timing this engine on my own in my garage. I brought it to a local performance shop who was familiar with this install on 5.0L/5.2L engines.

After reading through this thread, I will most definitely be more involved with this specific install on the next go round for my own peace of mind. At this point, all I can do is hope they performed a flawless install and the gearset I was given wasn't shit. I'm 32k miles on the gearset with very healthy oil pressure, so hopefully all will continue to perform well.

Gee thank for calling me a liar.
Lol, someone can be a tad bit defensive. I truly believe everything you're saying, you just needed some details filled in so others can't come into your thread and call bullshit. When casual viewers search for specific threads, like myself when I first joined, it's nice to detailed photos and explanations on topics like this. Not just this brand sucks and beware.....

Looks like it ended up going in a great direction with some valuable info for others. Carry on gents, I don't bode well with the sensitive type :crackup::beer:

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I actually didn't install my OPG and Sprocket set. I typically install my own parts, but I honestly wasn't confident with timing this engine on my own in my garage. I brought it to a local performance shop who was familiar with this install on 5.0L/5.2L engines.

After reading through this thread, I will most definitely be more involved with this specific install on the next go round for my own peace of mind. At this point, all I can do is hope they performed a flawless install and the gearset I was given wasn't shit. I'm 32k miles on the gearset with very healthy oil pressure, so hopefully all will continue to perform well.

Lol, someone can be a tad bit defensive. I truly believe everything you're saying, you just needed some details filled in so others can't come into your thread and call bullshit. When casual viewers search for specific threads, like myself when I first joined, it's nice to detailed photos and explanations on topics like this. Not just this brand sucks and beware.....

Looks like it ended up going in a great direction with some valuable info for others. Carry on gents, I don't bode well with the sensitive type :crackup::beer:
Im not the sensitive type im defensive and i will kick the shit out of you if you dont agree with me JK. :) But im a mechanic not a writer or story teller . And honestly watch one video and you can do it easily but that one bolt for the pickup is the worst on the gen 1 and 2 my fingers were bleeding .

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
source? I presume part# is CM-6621-A50 ? Or did you mean M-6600-M50A ?
Even out of the states its close to 900 with exchange and shipping, i looked at all options like buying ford gears and then get the housing locally or just buying the whole thing and when your broke and unemployed not a lot you can do have to make sacrifices.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We get 10 months of winter here and 2 months of bad snowmobiling
don't you guys have ice racing and 1/4" studded tires? :)
and when your broke and unemployed not a lot you can do have to make sacrifices.
wait, how can you be unemployed as a mechanic in the far north? I would have thought you could make bank.

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I have command start and i dont go outside except to my car. Thats why i quit my last job they wanted to me to move cars in and out of the shop with a fork lift at -30

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
what do you wanna bet I can get these made locally (say min batch of 20-30) for a fraction of the ask and they'll even be case hardened and held to class 2 fit? I just need the Ford CAD.
I'm gonna start 3d printing them. Would still be stronger.

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP

wait, how can you be unemployed as a mechanic in the far north? I would have thought you could make bank.
Yeah you would think, but after 20 yrs at the same job Corona fucked me over and now my boss works alone and has only enough work for himself. Everyone is broke and it will be a long time coming back from the Scamdemic. Only Gov workers have money and they work from home and all the mines are closed so all i can do is wait though i may move to another province for work.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
That is what you get when ordering the M part number
I was talking about ford performance complette oil pump made by OEM whatever that means. Did anyone else know the Livernois makes a gear set called the powerstorm. ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
damn, and they are cheap, too!
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/shop?keyword=powerstorm+gears

I put in a query to TSS to please elaborate on their hand-waving specs as posted on their site.
None of these companies answer emails, get on the phone and talk to them. I called TSS today and he would not reveal the supplier. I ordered from UPR in 2019 what an ordeal that was. Some of their parts didnt work with others and they had not even tried them together i was the one who pointed it out to them as they had not tested took forever to get all my parts. Ordered in May and got some of them in August and the rest months after that. I love their parts but i cant be treated like that and spend money with them again.
Sponsored