Sponsored

Pmas fenderwell kit

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I’m interested in knowing why the MAF sensor orientation has an impact on sensor accuracy. The MAF housing is round so it’s omnidirectional, is there an airflow turbulence issue in the lower left fender well at certain ground speeds ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I think the bigger thing to focus on is IAT while sitting at a stop light. The regular PMAS is just fine while driving but what kills it is getting all that heat from the engine at a stop light. If this kit could lower that significantly then it’s definitely something I would consider to upgrade my pmas.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It seems like pmas reuses the same maf housing on all their intakes, 120mm h120 housing. In theory the same maft curve should work regardless of any changes up or down stream of the housing.

Im interested what Terry has found about sensor orientation. Maybe it's just the direction of flow that's required?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just had my guy pull the last log and it shows, “Ambient temperature shows 75 and IAT is 82 in last log. So similar to 18+ closed air box ”

The purpose is to get the filter away from the engine bay where it is sucking in warmer air. The HUGE filter and tube also helps bring in more air and makes up for the longer tube because it allows it to breathe and is less restrictive
Thanks Terry for the quick reply & additional info - and it's nice to a fellow Corraler who is still helping out the Mustang community today and treats everyone with respect. Not sure if you still hit up Corral or not, but I remember you sprouting your businesses over there many years ago... LOL!

Take care!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thanks Terry for the quick reply & additional info - and it's nice to a fellow Corraler who is still helping out the Mustang community today and treats everyone with respect. Not sure if you still hit up Corral or not, but I remember you sprouting your businesses over there many years ago... LOL!

Take care!
:)

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's not PMAS but I have a fender well intake, I assume the results will be close. It tracks very close to the stock 18 air box as far as temps. Sitting at a long red light will add about 10 to 15 degrees of temp. It drops faster than the stock box.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It's not PMAS but I have a fender well intake, I assume the results will be close. It tracks very close to the stock 18 air box as far as temps. Sitting at a long red light will add about 10 to 15 degrees of temp. It drops faster than the stock box.
Custom? Any pics?

Thought about opening the air box to that gap to the left

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It is not installed currently, I'll try to find some pics. I might try it with my 87mm TB

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I’m interested in knowing why the MAF sensor orientation has an impact on sensor accuracy. The MAF housing is round so it’s omnidirectional, is there an airflow turbulence issue in the lower left fender well at certain ground speeds ?
Still waiting to hear any answers.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
What’s the best Tune to go with this and the 87 throttle body?
Lund Racing or Palm Beach Dyno would be your best choices. There really isn't much power to be had from the throttle body but both of those guys can tune the 87mm for you without any issues.

We're dealers for both Lund and PBD so feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need help placing an order.

Thanks!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What’s the best Tune to go with this and the 87 throttle body?
For driveabilty purposes and just not much to be had from it I'd say skip the tb.

Willistylz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christopher
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP 2
So skip the TB and just going with CAI and Lund/PBD tune package which CAI is going to be best bang for buck. (Low end power, lowest IAT’s) Or keep my 19 stock box with drop in and tune? Not sure what the plans I have for the future (Super Charger/LTH etc..
Any detailed answers appreciated obv…

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Keep the 19 stock box with drop in.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So skip the TB and just going with CAI and Lund/PBD tune package which CAI is going to be best bang for buck. (Low end power, lowest IAT’s) Or keep my 19 stock box with drop in and tune? Not sure what the plans I have for the future (Super Charger/LTH etc..
Any detailed answers appreciated obv…
If you have a 19 I'd say stick with that and just add a drop in. Tune for e85 if available in your area. If no e85 maybe hold off on the tune for a bit until you add long tubes then tune at the same time. If you do add a super charger later the long tubes will help even more.
Sponsored