Sponsored

Pmas fenderwell kit

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I would be worried about getting water in there, just get a 18+ intake setup, drop in a dry flow air filter and be done with it.

We havent had any issues with water. The pics above are actually one of my employess car and he installed one of the firsts ones for PMAS. It is a daily driver in Ohio and it has rained a ton in the last two months and not any issues what so ever.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That is actually a lot further off the under tray than I saw before.
It looks like it‘s still touching it, as evidenced by the damaged air filter. Shorten the down tube by a couple of inches and it should be perfect and make removing them filter much easier for cleanings.

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It looks like it‘s still touching it, as evidenced by the damaged air filter. Shorten the down tube by a couple of inches and it should be perfect and make removing them filter much easier for cleanings.

It's touching a raised part of the tray, I was seeing it touch the flat part of the tray which raised a concern because water collects there and it could suck that water up. But beefcake says his guy hasn't had that issue so I guess its not a big a deal as I thought.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's touching a raised part of the tray, I was seeing it touch the flat part of the tray which raised a concern because water collects there and it could suck that water up. But beefcake says his guy hasn't had that issue so I guess its not a big a deal as I thought.
Oh okay. I still think no touching would be best and keep the filter in perfect shape.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I agree they could have made the down tube a tad bit shorter for ease of install and filter swapping. But it doesnt rub as much as it looks. and the crinkled part in the filter is actually from ryan installing it. he pushed on the filter and bent the element slightly. No harm no foul there.

As for water, we had the same initial worry. But 3/4 months later and no issues. Nick at PMAS wouldnt release a product that would cause harm to the car. These are just like the old school fenderwell set ups guys were making custom, just with new technology and the fact that it is made specifically for that where before everyone made it custom.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@beefcake, this may sound like a ridiculous question, but could the MAF housing be carefully milled down an inch or so to gain the extra clearance, or is it touching the pan like that to help hold it in place? Not sure if milling would alter the airflow in a negative way or not. Your thoughts?

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree they could have made the down tube a tad bit shorter for ease of install and filter swapping. But it doesnt rub as much as it looks. and the crinkled part in the filter is actually from ryan installing it. he pushed on the filter and bent the element slightly. No harm no foul there.

As for water, we had the same initial worry. But 3/4 months later and no issues. Nick at PMAS wouldnt release a product that would cause harm to the car. These are just like the old school fenderwell set ups guys were making custom, just with new technology and the fact that it is made specifically for that where before everyone made it custom.

How is the MAF signal and IAT readings?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
It’s FRP, fiber reinforced plastic.
The stuff Corvette and Fiero body panels are made of.

Last edited:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
@beefcake, this may sound like a ridiculous question, but could the MAF housing be carefully milled down an inch or so to gain the extra clearance, or is it touching the pan like that to help hold it in place? Not sure if milling would alter the airflow in a negative way or not. Your thoughts?
I wouldnt try that as there is a groove inside the maf housing that seats over the lip on the tube.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
How is the MAF signal and IAT readings?
MAF signal is good as long as the MAF sensor is clocked towards the engine. If it’s in any other orientation there can be issues. The IATs didnt change as much as we thought it would, but the 18 box is better than the 11-17 so you will probably see more change on one of those cars.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
MAF signal is good as long as the MAF sensor is clocked towards the engine. If it’s in any other orientation there can be issues. The IATs didnt change as much as we thought it would, but the 18 box is better than the 11-17 so you will probably see more change on one of those cars.
Is there actual data logging with values to see the before/after IAT differences of using that PMAS set up?

Also isn't adding more bends and longer path in the cold air intake track to the upper intake always frowned upon?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Is there actual data logging with values to see the before/after IAT differences of using that PMAS set up?

Also isn't adding more bends and longer path in the cold air intake track to the upper intake always frowned upon?
Just had my guy pull the last log and it shows, “Ambient temperature shows 75 and IAT is 82 in last log. So similar to 18+ closed air box ”

The purpose is to get the filter away from the engine bay where it is sucking in warmer air. The HUGE filter and tube also helps bring in more air and makes up for the longer tube because it allows it to breathe and is less restrictive
Sponsored