Sponsored

Plastic procharger inlet

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
How in the hell did you get this installed?
Just found out a few weeks ago that PC changed their inlet to this plastic elbow.
After hours....yes hours...and slicing and dicing my hands and arms I haven't figured out how to get it on...just no room.
I have a 2015 with the D1X stage 2.....mounting tab on radiator for fan interferes as well as radiator overflow barb on radiator....secrets, tips?
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
It is tight, but does go. Do you already have the lower half clamped to the plastic inlet elbow? That could be holding you up if you do.

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is tight, but does go. Do you already have the lower half clamped to the plastic inlet elbow? That could be holding you up if you do.
I did but then I tried with the filter removed and still no go. Gets hung up right at the inlet on the head unit. Another member told me that the NEW manual says to remove coolant overflow line and trim back the hose barb on radiator. I will try that tomorrow and also loosen up the radiator and see if I can get it to move to the pass side a tad....only need about an 1/8" !

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I did but then I tried with the filter removed and still no go. Gets hung up right at the inlet on the head unit. Another member told me that the NEW manual says to remove coolant overflow line and trim back the hose barb on radiator. I will try that tomorrow and also loosen up the radiator and see if I can get it to move to the pass side a tad....only need about an 1/8" !
Trim the hose barb back and it will fit. Stage 2 d1x here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the plastic inlet larger than the one you had?
No...I had the MAK on it . The MAK with the X series head unit and big red race valve was a PITA to take on and off...i had to BFH it to make it fit when I moved up to the X unit. The new plastic unit PC makes is a nice one....its bigger than the "old" PC ones and looks better IMO than the MAK.
Sponsored