Sponsored

Plasti-Dip badges durability?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I just plasti-dipped my 5.0 badges, GT badge, and pony emblem on the grill in flat black. It turned out better than expected, the only annoying part was getting the paint out of the dots on the 5.0, not sure if covering them would have been any easier. Does anyone know how durable the paint is? I use an electric pressure washer to wash my car, and I can try to avoid the badges with it, but I also sometimes hit touch-less car washes that use pressurized water.
Sponsored

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
My pony emblem and GT are holding strong after about 2.5 years. The edges of the 5.0 started to show about a year ago. I pressure wash my car with an electric pressure washer, so it might be weaker than yours, but you should be good. I can't remember how many coats I put on the emblems.

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I dipped my pony's on the front and back and it takes car washes (I try not to) like a champ with high pressure water and slapping parts. Worst comes to worst, peel it and re-do it. I think its a much cheaper solution than buying emblems etc.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Thank's for the replies. I washed and waxed my car today, unfortunately when removing the wax, the towel caught the edge of the 5.0 badge and removed a bit of the paint. I'm going to try to touch it up tomorrow, I guess if that doesn't work I will remove all the paint from the badge and start again. I feel like the flat black paint is a rougher texture so it tend to catch microfibers which led to it removing the paint. It's probably less of an issue with a gloss paint.

Aalexander9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 5.0
My badges have been dipped since I bought the end of 2014. I don't drive it too many miles a year and it's in the garage from beginning of November through April (Winter in CT). I used a toothpick to wipe out the dot space for the 5.0 badge

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
On my daily driver the emblems been plastidipped for 2.5 years and still look like the day I did them. Been through plenty of car washes. My mustang has front/ rear ponies as well heat extractors on hood and while the car doesn't get driven as much it has been holding up also.
Sponsored